Best Roku Channels To Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

drxrz

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
Great list, tom!
The only app I can think of that you're missing is Tubi TV - they are a free non-subscription trove of Movies & some TV, ad-supported.

Karlos6

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
I have the latest version Roku streaming stick - 2016 (recommended on Cnet.com). After reading Tom's guide & the comments, I wanted to add Crackle, Sky News & Tubi TV to my favorites. However, I cannot find them. Apparently, there isn't a ''search'' feature (why the hell not?), so I thoroughly scrolled all of the relevant categories in a manual search for these 3 sites. Can anyone explain why they are not on the Roku channels? Can you confirm that they are still available on your Roku as of today (Feb 17th)? I don't know why I'm not able to access them. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Karl

Karlos6

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
After posting my comment (below), it disappeared & I didn't receive confirmation that it was sent (why?), so I'm submitting it again:

I have the latest version Roku streaming stick - 2016 (recommended on Cnet.com). After reading Tom's guide & the comments, I wanted to add Crackle, Sky News & Tubi TV to my favorites. However, I cannot find them. Apparently, there isn't a ''search'' feature (why the hell not?), so I thoroughly scrolled all of the relevant categories in a manual search for these 3 sites. Can anyone explain why they are not on the Roku channels? Can you confirm that they are still available on your Roku as of today (Feb 17th)? I don't know why I'm not able to access them. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Karl

gustywind01

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
Same here, disappearing act :)...Play around with your Roku. Under Streaming Channels, just above Settings, scroll down from Home, My Feed, etc...Right click, wait for Featured to load TubiTV is on that list as well as Top Free. The Search Channels is the last item on this list, click it, type in Sky News...there it is! Have fun. Hope this helps. Gustywind

gustywind01

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017

Answer: Same here, disappearing act :) ...Play around with your Roku. Under Streaming Channels, just above Settings, scroll down from Home, My Feed, etc...Right click, wait for Featured to load (sometimes I have to up arrow or down arrow on Featured in order for it to load :( TubiTV is on that list. It is also on Top Free. The "Search Channels" is the last item on the same list as Featured, click it, type in Sky News...there it is! Have fun. Hope this helps. Gustywind01

May 6, 2018
Crackle. Sky news and tubi are on roku.and roku does have a search on it.besides all you to do is go to streaming channels then go to top free.

Dec 29, 2018
too bad none of these channels are available in Canada where Roku and the RCA Roku TVs are useless, I was excited when I saw this list until I checked and found none of the decent channels work in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.