Best Smartphones on the Market Now (Archive)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gardengirl84

Estimable
Oct 16, 2014
I was thinking of switching to i phone since my Galaxy 3 keeps having problems and I've never been able to get a Samsung or HTC phone to last longer that a year. This list makes me wonder if Apple is actually any better. What about the "least buggy" phone?

juby mathew

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014
Without lg g3 this list is a blindman's list.the best phone available right now is lg g3.Also it is the most value for money smartphone.Shame on this list.

jobi1

Estimable
Oct 24, 2014
Why no mention of the Samsung S5 LTE-A / Prime? Hands down the most powerful smart phone on the market today.

Colin Lee

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

Shame on idiots who apparently can only read their own posts...

juby mathew

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014

Colin Lee

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

Where do you stand on people who are so stupid that they don't even realise that they are stupid?

juby mathew

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014

Satish Singh

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
This list contains the best non-windows smartphones! If price, performance and build quality is the deciding factor, the LUMIA series will emerge as the winner.

AndyjTom

Estimable
Mar 19, 2015
The Samsung S6 is almost identical in configuration (yes no sdcard grumble grumble) yet far better in every possible area over the iphone 6 (well except os upgrades and app quality) and yet the iphone still gets position no 1 HOW. Samsung better battery, processor, ram, screen size, glass 4, resolution, brightness, range, screen to body ratio (iphone huge physically compared to its visible screen), better camera in aperture, resolution and image stabilized, real multi-tasking, split screen.. iphones are technically behind two years all they did was make the old phones bigger.

PureGaming

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
I'm sorry, but the 6 PLUS doesn't have the best camera, it's the Galaxy S6. It has been proven on almost every website that it is, unless this author can prove otherwise.

PureGaming

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
And how is it that the iPhone 6 is best overall smartphone? please elaborate.. the Galaxy S6 currently has the best display in the market, fastest CPU, newest storage tech (first UFS 2 + DDR4 RAM), toughest display, fastest battery charging. The iPhone 6 doesn't have fast charging or wireless charging or power saving mode and Apple pay is limited compared to Samsung pay. Why would you give it the best smartphone?

Watch Face

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
Yes, I totally agree that iPhone 6 is the best smartphone overall. They features, functions, performance and even the visual appeal are just peerless.

PureGaming

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
Yes, I totally agree that iPhone 6 is the best smartphone overall. They features, functions, performance and even the visual appeal are just peerless.

With all due respect, sir, your opinion on it doesn't make it true. The Galaxy S6 has the most features, functions and the best performance. It has been proven in multiple tests, the Galaxy S6 topped most benchmarks, has a better real-time performance than the iPhone 6 (it's on youtube, look for it), better battery life, better overall camera, fastest storage (UFS 2 + DDR4 RAM) and currently, the best display in a smartphone (according to DisplayMate), toughest display (Gorilla Glass 4) and even more durable than the iPhone. Even the aluminum used in building the phone's case is 1.5 more stronger than the iPhone's and 1.2 more scratch resistant. It's made from aluminum 6013 while the iPhone uses a derivative of the famous 6063 (according to phonearena).

I've been reading about this smartphone ever since it's announcement. Watched and read all the comparisons out there between these two phones and the Galaxy S6 won in almost every aspect.

How is it the best overall smartphone, please elaborate?

Ali Kazmi

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Nice post, But It's not are latest, Do i know which are latest cell phone in 2015 ? No doub't this are branded what are new Models

Jay Hopkins

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
The Sony Xperia Z3 is a truly remarkable device,and thusly belongs on this list.I know this because I own one :) I did my research before buying it,and none of that research was on here.

mat08

Estimable
May 3, 2015
One M8 is the best so far. I've used it since few weeks, and I never got disappointed. Until now.
PS sorry for my English not to be perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.