Best Smartwatches 2015 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Dev

Estimable
Nov 27, 2014
i can buy a heart rate meter with 15 other health extras from argos at $20. Its not a smart watch but it works!

I think a lot of this watches are over priced.

fulleke

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014
i find it really unbelievable that you don't mention the Sony Smartwatch. For years, Sony has been able to have a wonderful smartwatch for android, that works like a charm!
No bugs, beautyfull design, all other watches are yet on fase 1, while the Sony is already on fase 3 !!
shame on you...

Fulco, the Netherlands

LARGECRITIC

Estimable
Jan 7, 2015
PEBBLE is a pretty watch that tells time. My watch was DOA. The bad news: there is no live tech support. And the support I received was worthless. I received numerous e-mails directing me to watch videos and read instructions-- which I did before contacting tech support. After exchanging many emails, I finally asked for a refund. PEBBLE refused until I file a dispute with my credit card company.

A general recommendation to online buyers: Never buy anything from a company that lacks live technical support.

alextheo

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015
I remember seeing this article earlier although it says published Jan 9th. One comment is that you can no longer get the Pebble Steel for $149 at Best Buy. That was for a limited time in December of last year. It's currently going for the full $199 price. I'm waiting for it to go on sale again.

NickDH

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
Would be good if you could indicate if these watches are waterproof, and to what extent.

The fitbit Surge (available in the US, but still pending in Europe) is waterproof to 50m ... Sony's Smartwatch 3 (billed as waterproof) is water resistant to 5meters ... The others: I have no idea about.

As a watch, I want to wear it no matter what I'm doing ... and as a Smartwatch logging my activity that is especially true when I am exercising.

Anatoliy1

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015
"...A general recommendation to online buyers: Never buy anything from a company that lacks live technical support. "
My first generation Pebble had the backlight flash intermittantly. I contacted Pebble tech., they sent me a replacement and DIDN'T require the defective watch back.
It was still within the one year warranty period though.

Dmanny

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
No one has mentioned the original MetaWatches. I bought a 2nd hand one that later became faulty and Meta swapped it for a new one, no questions asked - that's amazing customer service. I've since moved on to a Pebble, primarily due to the higher resolution display, but a new metawatch is out soon, so I for one would be interested to hear what's it like.

TonyNSW

Estimable
Feb 5, 2015
The Sony Smartwatch 3 should surely rate highly on this list! It is a great Android Wear watch, so it runs all the apps you could ever want, plus it has a built in GPS, compass, and accelerometer, which means it can track and record your outdoor activities without the need to carry your phone! Plus it has a square display, which is actually a big advantage when you want to run any sort of apps. Round displays look pretty but just don't work that well for showing content. The Sony Smartwatch 3 is my recommendation for the best Android Wear watch you can buy!

vacm

Estimable
Mar 11, 2015
I'm not sure why all the hype because the smart watch is being released by Apple, top price i might add, when smart watches have been around for a while, not called Apple though, i bought mine at bamsmart. com a while ago and that can do what the Apple watch can at half the price....

LeeChatII

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
There should be one more category here: "Smartest Smart Watch" and the winner in this category should be the Samsung Gear S. Not really sure why very little is given to this device. If everyone is being honest ( I own this device) the Gear S is the only device that allows me to go for a run, a swim or a quick trip to the grocery store without have to take my phone. Isn't this what make a watch truly smart, the ability to function "alone?" Also, the design is very nice, I don't care what anyone says... I get compliments and people asking what it is all the time. I used my Gear S at a local AMC movie theater when I needed to use my AMC Stubs card. I left my phone in the car, but had the Stubs card loaded into my Samsung Wallet & gave the member ID number from my Gear S, which displayed the entire card! Lastly, no one EVER mentions the Gear S comes with this GREAT little portable battery pack that doubles as its primary charger. So, if my Gear S get low on juice, I just add the battery to the back of the watch and viola! I am back in business. Is there another phone that has this feature, if so let me know.

inkrededibles

Estimable
Apr 3, 2015
I really don't think the Apple watch is all that anticipated. A lot of people were put off by Apple's strange decision this year, including the Macbook with the singular USB port and the gold watch release. It got a lot of hype earlier, but the tech industry doesn't seem that jazzed by it, and I think consumers will quickly find it to be not that great and have the device flop after release. Most people on the streets think that the Moto 360 is the Apple watch, and they get disappointed when they find out that's not the design Apple went with.

I'm really waiting for the revised Moto 360, which hopefully should have better hardware and a backplate that doesn't completely crack from pressure. The rumours are killing me, and I'm not buying anything else until I at least see it released.

Moon Phase Lunar

Estimable
Apr 21, 2015
I totally agree that the best smartwatch of them all is the Peeble. You would not get one if for just $99, you get access to more than 6,000 apps and watchfaces in a comfortable and colorful water-resistant design.

syost99

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
I totally agree with the gentlemen who stated that the samsung gear s is by far the best smartwatch on the market. I waited till a smartwatch came out that was truly smart. By this I mean ...you dont have to have youre phone nearby in order to use it. It is its own entity. On top of that, the look of this truly unique smartwatch is awesome! I get so many compliments on this asthetically pleasing devise. Samsung is so far ahead of its competirors it is ridiculous. Although I dont know how I feel about the new s6 as of yet. The fact that you cannot take the back off, and its not waterproof. I am waiting until the s6 active to come out

taz49

Estimable
May 1, 2015
How the Apple Watch gets best overall without winning a category and has a serious list if cons tell me that either the author is getting some sort of kick back from Apple or is so very unprofessionally biased that it renders the srticl as literary garbage.

sab64

Estimable
May 5, 2015
I see comments on the Samsung Gear S about not needing you phone with you. That is only true if you pay your phone provider for data, text, etc, to utilize the 3G, right?

rumble

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
Only smartwatch for me is this one
WatchCalculator-casio.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.