Best Ultrabook ($1000 budget - No Macbooks)

Phil923

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
Hello forums, I am looking for an new laptop and would like your suggestions on what I should get. My current laptop is an ASUS G53SW-A1 that I got a few years ago when I gamed all the time, but now I am moving on from a gaming book and need a more practical laptop that I can carry around and use for schoolwork; not to mention the g53 is starting to break. As indicated in my thread title I have a budget of around 1,000 (going a bit over is fine if the laptop is THAT much of an upgrade) but if I would like to get the best possible price-performance out of it. I would prefer it to be under 4.5 lbs and have a screen size of at least 14" but would prefer a 15.6" screen. Touch screen is optional but it would be nice and an SSD size of at least 128GB would be optimal, anything less would be too little. For the processor, I would like at least an i5 as I don't expect an i7 in this price range. If you have recommendations please post links and why you recommend it if possible, it would be much appreciated! Thanks for your time.

Philip

Phil923

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
apologies for not being clear, I am not looking for a gaming laptop as I need something that has a good battery life and is light. I am aware of gaming books, but I am looking for an ultrabook. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Phil923

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
yeah, unfortunately these are really expensive. If I wasn't planning on carrying it around so much I would have probably settled with a gaming notebook, but we can't have everything work out perfectly :p Well, thanks for your input on this, I will do some more research on my own and hopefully I can get a good deal on a a laptop.

(At least these aren't nearly as expensive as macbooks haha.)