Best way to apply Artctic MX 2 thermal paste on a I3?

Solution
All thermal paste is the same when it comes down to it, there are no individual methods for each, just consistency variations.
I work in a PC store, I do this stuff almost daily, trust me, or ask anyone else.

Chugalug_

Estimable
All thermal paste is the same when it comes down to it, there are no individual methods for each, just consistency variations.
I work in a PC store, I do this stuff almost daily, trust me, or ask anyone else.

Solution

Chugalug_

Estimable
I'm seriously concerned now, that's a sure fire way to get thermal paste on the outside of the socket, potentially on the pins, as well as having the potential to damage the mobo socket through force.
Not to mention it's not exactly hygenic! :p

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... Would you like a explanation from me? it could get long and dragged out technically B )

I have been in Engineering, testing, and maintenance with these companies, and basically with "Thermal Paste less is better" between a Semi-conductor device and heatsink, And the Finger method will give a more precise application than the "small dot in the center of the chip and just plonk the cooler down on top of it slowly" method... you can safely apply the Thermal paste to the device before inserting it into the socket too B /

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... You'll be fine... take your time and use common sense... have a tissue handy if you run into a excess or applicator flow problem... Test the Flow rate of the Applicator first on something disposable... Just like putting the right amount of tooth paste on a tooth brush... you learn with time and experience. B D