Bethesda Says Wii U Development "A Possibility"

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Why shouldn't they produce games for any damn platform they want, if they make a good game for a PC and Xbox will that game suddenly become less good if they make another one for the Wii?
No.
Too many console snobs moaning about the Wii U on general principle and it hasn't even been released yet.
If the Wii U is released with the standard crop of Zelda and Mario it will keep the normal Nintendo crowd happy, if they drop a shedload of hadcore games as well that should keep everyone happy, (in theory, you can't make fanbois happy)

amd-fanboy

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Mr. Parrish, you wrote
The more work Bethesda has to do, the "less palatable" the conversion becomes.

Surely you meant that the more work Bethesda has to do, the "less profitable" the conversion becomes (due to higher expenses).

cognoscentiable

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]If the Wii U is released with the standard crop of Zelda and Mario it will keep the normal Nintendo crowd happy, if they drop a shedload of hadcore games as well that should keep everyone happy, (in theory, you can't make fanbois happy)[/citation]

Perhaps.... but I suspect people that play the 'hardcore' games will either be PC gaming or they'll wait for the next gen Xbox or Playstation instead of splashing out on the Wii-U, which despite it's fancy hardware will still essentially be a casual gaming experience when compared to what MS and Sony will be wielding.

As far as I can tell,Nintendo are still marketing the Wii-U toward the same crowd that use the Wii, I'm not sure if that will work, I don't think the people that play Wii are interested in hardware specs or improved graphics, they'll happily play their old Wii console if the games are fun. They'll have to push the sell on HD experience and their new controller gimic.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]cognoscentiable[/nom]despite it's fancy hardware will still essentially be a casual gaming experience when compared to what MS and Sony will be wielding[/citation]
People are saying that, but there has to be a point where the hardware, regardless of who makes it, has the capability to do at such a high standard that any game can be done well.

After that it is just down to perception and that's when it all falls apart, because people are the weak link.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
the wiiu could seriously become the console for shooters. ill be down voted to nothing based on the first sentence alone, so wont bother going into detail, but just think of it a bit and you will know why.

cognoscentiable

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
@Back_by_demand: I do agree in some way. I find games have reached a point now where they all look pretty spectacular. The Wii-U will be capable of displaying some fancy looking games for sure.

I don't think that hardware and graphics will ever stop speeding toward realism and shineyness though so there will always be a gap between the Wii-U capabilties and the next Sony/MS consoles, just like there is now. The 'hardcore' crowd will always want 'the best' though. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out :)

I'll wait until all 3 players show their hand.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]cognoscentiable[/nom]The 'hardcore' crowd will always want 'the best' though. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out I'll wait until all 3 players show their hand.[/citation]
4 players, there are 4 players.
Hardcore gamers use who want the best and are prepared to pay for it by a PC.

tuch92

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
[citation][nom]amd-fanboy[/nom]Mr. Parrish, you wrote "more palatable" Surely you meant that the more work Bethesda has to do, the "less profitable" the conversion becomes (due to higher expenses).[/citation]

Palatable is used correctly in this sentence. He's saying its less acceptable to do it for the same reasons you mentioned.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]tuch92[/nom]Palatable is used correctly in this sentence. He's saying its less acceptable to do it for the same reasons you mentioned.[/citation]
I think you missed the joke.

retrig

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
And again, my best friend works as a lead for a major developer. The Wii U units they have received are less powerful than the current XBox 360. Take it with a grain of salt, but don't get your hopes up just yet.

notuptome2004

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
[citation][nom]retrig[/nom]And again, my best friend works as a lead for a major developer. The Wii U units they have received are less powerful than the current XBox 360. Take it with a grain of salt, but don't get your hopes up just yet.[/citation]

oh BS you keep spouting this BS my friend works for a lead Developer well ya know what if he did you could tell us cause guess what no developer has a secret code of NDA like statis that says he or she cannot say who she or he works for because it is no secret these game developers everyone knows the companies the bonly NDA you would have is if your friend broke NDA on a secret game that is it . so please tell us Idiot which Developer does your friend work for . ( Ubisoft EA Crytek Id software Epic games ) Which one ... if you cant tell us then your a lying Moron

Status
Not open for further replies.