Solved! Better affordable Laptop then our current one.

madne$$

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hi Peeps,

I own an Aspire 5735z and its coming to its end, especially when you've used it loads.

I am searching around and laptops are quite expensive, looking for one that has a better cpu, at least 4gb or more and 64bit OS, Dvd player, plenty of USB ports.

I remember paying around £300 £350 for the aspire at the time.

Thanks for your help

Solution

The issue with any budget laptop is that, if you don't take good care of the file system and applications, it'll become sluggish and a pain to use very quickly. That'll happen regardless of the laptop brand you choose. If you look at laptops with similar specifications, you'll likely see the similar reviews pop up for them.

I'm heading out right now so I can't provide specific models (I will later this evening), but my current advice is that you should aim for at least 8GB of RAM. Chrome is very RAM-heavy and if you have a few tabs open, as well as watching a film...

madne$$

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Cheers looked at reviews, said that performance on day to day like Google chrome tabs etc, lags and suffers. That would get on my mum's nerves as she uses down stairs

chris10123

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

The issue with any budget laptop is that, if you don't take good care of the file system and applications, it'll become sluggish and a pain to use very quickly. That'll happen regardless of the laptop brand you choose. If you look at laptops with similar specifications, you'll likely see the similar reviews pop up for them.

I'm heading out right now so I can't provide specific models (I will later this evening), but my current advice is that you should aim for at least 8GB of RAM. Chrome is very RAM-heavy and if you have a few tabs open, as well as watching a film and using day-to-day applications such as email, 4GB will start to be a bit limiting.

Solution

chris10123

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

Hi madne$$

What do you plan on using the laptop for? Does it need good battery life or do you plan on having it plugged in most of the time?