better to add

markyboy156

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2013
my question is i have at the moment i have 2 dali ikon 6v2 fronts dali ikon vokal centre
2 dali zensor 7 as rears
2 dali zensor 1 as additional rears
4 dali c1 atmos modules
i also have the crown 1002 amp as well
sony x800 4k player
blue jeans speaker cables belden 5000ue
4 svs pb13 ultra subs
a playstation 4 pro a sky 4k silver box a virginmedia v6 box a high end pc
a wii u
xbox one x scorpio edition
nvidia shield console
marantz 7011 amp
mini dsp 2x4 to connect all 4 subs to the amp
antimode 8033 to balance the subs out for optimum performance
blue sound node 2 streamer
music fidelity m3i integrated amplifier
Formuler Z7+ UHD 4K Android 7 Media Streamer IPTV Receiver with WiFi box
emotiva upa-1 monoblocks for the centre and for the rears and extra rears

I bi-amp my main speakers with the MF and the Crown amps, with the MF on the HF and the Crown on the LF where power demands are higher.
Marantz 701 to the integrated amp using the left and right pre-outs from the AVR into the HT bypass / AV input of the integrated amp
connect the analog outputs on the streamer, to an analog input on the integrated amp.
this gives me even better superior sound than the 7011 for streaming music
i have a very large audio cd collection

my main question is if i was to change the crown 1002 amp that i have on the lower frequencies of the 2 main front speakers to a nad 375bee do you think this would increase the performance
or would i be better of changing the 2 intergrated amplifiers i have on the high frequencies and low frequencies to a nad 375bee on the high frequencies and a nad 275bee on the low frequencies

also is there a device i can add to boost the 4 subwoofers performance instead of connecting them to the subwoofer outputs of the marantz 7011 then be able to connect the device to the marantz 7011 than

Solution
Using two different amps in a vertical amp set up like you have on your front speakers creates a weird effect because there is a large frequency range where both amps play the same content but sound different. Using two NAD amps would be more natural but since NAD isn't great at bass anyway I would replace the Crown and the MF (at least as an amp) with a single better quality amp.
Parasound makes some excellent power amps that aren't crazy priced. Much better build quality than NAD too.
You can't use the subwoofers in pure stereo the way you have them connected. To do that you would need an active analog stereo crossover with high and low pass outputs that you can use in between the MF preamp out and the DSP gear. You can do this with...
Using two different amps in a vertical amp set up like you have on your front speakers creates a weird effect because there is a large frequency range where both amps play the same content but sound different. Using two NAD amps would be more natural but since NAD isn't great at bass anyway I would replace the Crown and the MF (at least as an amp) with a single better quality amp.
Parasound makes some excellent power amps that aren't crazy priced. Much better build quality than NAD too.
You can't use the subwoofers in pure stereo the way you have them connected. To do that you would need an active analog stereo crossover with high and low pass outputs that you can use in between the MF preamp out and the DSP gear. You can do this with the miniDSP too.
https://www.minidsp.com/applications/digital-crossovers/stereo-2-way-xover
but then you have to digitize the full range signal which isn't as good as staying analog in the top end.
Parasound happens to make the P5 preamp with that built in. Also has a decent DAC which should upgrade the sound of the streamer too.
Are you using the subs in sealed mode? They are likely to sound tighter that way. Your DSP compensates for the slight difference at the extreme low end so no loss there.

Solution

markyboy156

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2013
hi
americanaudiophile

i will take your advice i will buy the parasound p5 pre amp
to connect my dali ikon 6v2 fronts
i will connect the fronts to the dali ikon 6v2 high frequencies and low frequencies of each left and right front speaker
what gear do i need to buy i know i have to buy a mini dsp 2x4 hd
what else do i need from the link you sent me thanks

markyboy156

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2013
hi i will connect the parasound p5 pre amp
to the marantz 7011
do i need 2 parasound p5 pre amp to connect to the dali ikon 6v2 fronts one parasound p5 for the high and low frequencies of the left speaker
and the 2nd parasound p5 pre amp for the right speakers high and low frequencies
or can the one parasound p5 connect up both the left and right speakers high and low frequencies to the one amp of both front speakers thanks

TRENDING THREADS