Beyerdynamic DT770 or DT990?

tokeratleff

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
Hello everyone

So i am looking for a new set of headphones to use while gaming, listen to music and watching films. I am standing between the Beyerdynamic headphones as i read that they should be really good for what i am looking for. However, i am a bit lost on deciding which headphones to buy. I am leaning more towards the DT990's as they are open-back and have, for what i have read, a better soundstage. I am thinking of buying a modmic to attach to the headphones, but here is my question. If i am playing a multiplayer game with some friends, will the microphone not pick up the sound from the leaking headphones? The last thing i want to do is have my friends listen to their voices and the game sound because of the open back design of the headphones. Otherwise i might just look towards the DT770 instead.

Solution
Heyo tokeratleff

Personally I'd go for the DT770's. I own both the DT770 and DT990 and surprisingly enough find the DT990 very boring to listen to, they do however have that insane treble which you might have heard about. I don't like it, but I do know people who does not mind it at all.
As of the sound leak into microphone thingy. No. The mic will not pick up any of the sound from the headphones. Personally I rock my HD800's and an AT2020 as microphone and nothing gets picked up. One of my friends are currently using the ModMic 5 with his pair of Byerdynamic T1's and I can not hear anything coming out from his headphones while we're speaking.

Cheers

True Buie

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Heyo tokeratleff

Personally I'd go for the DT770's. I own both the DT770 and DT990 and surprisingly enough find the DT990 very boring to listen to, they do however have that insane treble which you might have heard about. I don't like it, but I do know people who does not mind it at all.
As of the sound leak into microphone thingy. No. The mic will not pick up any of the sound from the headphones. Personally I rock my HD800's and an AT2020 as microphone and nothing gets picked up. One of my friends are currently using the ModMic 5 with his pair of Byerdynamic T1's and I can not hear anything coming out from his headphones while we're speaking.

Cheers

Solution