Solved! Dt770 pro with or without amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2021
I am thinking about getting the dt770 pros because I just got headphones that I don’t like. I’m not sure how many ohms I should but and if I would really notice a difference if I got an amp. It would mainly be used for gaming music and YouTube. Also my motherboard is a b450 gaming plus max and I’m not sure how good the sound board is.

Solution
If you will be able to tell the difference between the various versions is really hard to say unless you can listen to all 3 of them. The 32 and 80 ohm should be fine without any amp, the 250 ohm you would want an amp to drive them. From reviews most have liked the 250 ohm best if that means anything to you, but with audio it's all personal choice and without testing dozens of items no way to know what you may prefer. If your wallet won't yell at you for buying an amp, then try the 250 ohm and an amp. I use this FX Audio DAC-X6 and like it...
If you will be able to tell the difference between the various versions is really hard to say unless you can listen to all 3 of them. The 32 and 80 ohm should be fine without any amp, the 250 ohm you would want an amp to drive them. From reviews most have liked the 250 ohm best if that means anything to you, but with audio it's all personal choice and without testing dozens of items no way to know what you may prefer. If your wallet won't yell at you for buying an amp, then try the 250 ohm and an amp. I use this FX Audio DAC-X6 and like it https://www.amazon.com/FX-Audio-Dig...910fc&pd_rd_wg=oiIQ7&pd_rd_i=B07TW2JQNN&psc=1 Good price, sounds more than good enough for most headphones.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.