Question Lenovo Laptop Y540 massively underperforming, can’t find a fix

Apr 14, 2023
So I’ve had this laptop for about two years(got it in 2020) and it has been amazing so far. I use it strictly for gaming and some homework and it has never lagged. I suddenly had an issue with the charger and it overheating so I brought it into a shop, after 3 weeks they said it was actually an internal issue, they soldered a piece and gave it back and suddenly it was massively underperforming. Thinking they screwed something up we gave it back, 3 months and $350 later, we got it back with no fix. Since then we’ve tried just about everything, from BIOS update to drivers and cleaning the fans, nothing. I will refer to mainly this other post as we have done everything up to the heatsink theory. I’ve looked at all the other threads on this issue, none of their solutions have worked, I’ve been talking to others on discord who seem to have countless theory’s and nothing has fixed it. It’s been 4 months since it has worked normally and I would rather not purchase another computer. The ghz claim to be at normal levels however some softwares have shown that it is massively underperforming. Any game no matter how small or big massively lags, previous clips show no lag whatsoever. I’m confident this is either a GPU issue or heatsink, heatsink I really don’t want to look into as it requires taking nearly the whole computer apart. One thing to note is the fans will go on max the second anything runs, be it a notification or google they suddenly kick on and go all the way up until the program closes. Please help. Here’s the specs should you need them:
Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH - 15.6" 60 Hz IPS - Intel Core i7 9th Gen 9750H (2.60GHz) - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 16 GB DDR4 - 1TB HDD 512 GB PCIe SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Gaming Laptop (81SX0005US )

Apr 14, 2023
what software said underperforming?
check the ram/ssd usage?
how full is the ssd?
cpu/gpu temp?
We used several and there’s still another one someone wants to see, the main ones were crystal disk and benchmark, the SSD and RAM usage are not anywhere close to full, nor is storage, Temps are fine, as are the drivers and just about every other basic thing. As I said we’ve been at this for several months, countless people have tried helping and I’m running out of solutions, we’ve done full wipes, updates, screwed around with settings, cleaned the laptop, nothing.