Beyerdynamic mmx 300 won't work

alowe0

Estimable
Aug 14, 2014
I just bought a beyerdynamic mmx 300 for my alienware laptop. I plug it into the headset port and it brings up a screen of alienware audio. I put it on stereo and click the microphone button( only button there). Then I went on YouTube and tried to watch a video, I don't get any sound from my speakers or headphones, but when volume mixer it shows sound going to speaker, but not from alienware audio. Please help

Stevemeister

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
Try going into windows control panel, hardware & sound, sound, manage audio devices and make sure playback is set to headphones . . . then play around with the settings in "properties" and "configure" and "recording"

in general when I have something not working with the sound output this is where I go to fix it.

Its hard to give a specific answer because all software/hardware combinations is slightly different but this is usually a good place to start

Stevemeister

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
I am assuming you have the jack plugs in the right places - usually green for audio and pink for mic, although some audio programs allow you to change them around.

In the sound menu on the playback tab is there a green circle with a check mark on the speaker option? You can change the symbol by clicking on properties and then on the "general" tab select change icon. On the levels tab set line in and mic both to about 50 and volume control to about 20. Click on Advanced and select 16 bit 44100 Hz (CD quality) - then hit test . . . can you hear anything ?

On the sound menu on the recording tab is there a microphone symbol and does it have the green circled checkmark on it - click on properties - in the next menu also click on properties-levels and set to 100.

Let me know if any of this helps

alowe0

Estimable
Aug 14, 2014
Yes there is a green circle with a check on speaker. It doesn't have options for line in. Also it does have a microphone with a check on it and the microphone is already at 100. I tried the other stuff and still can't hear anything