Question Big problem regarding a Sony Handycam DCR-DVD403E

Jan 26, 2024
Got a used Sony Handycam DCR-DVD403E, complete in the original box, all the paperwork, accessories carrying bag, etc... The most important part of this being the 2 batteries that came included (an NP-FP70 and the longer-lastic NP-FP90), as well as an AC adapter so that I can get it running plugged to the wall with no batteries.

The batteries are charged and recognized by the camcorder (it has a little battery symbol when it turns on, only when batteries are inserted), yet the camcorder cannot, for some reason, run on battery power. It shuts off whenever I unplug the AC Adapter.

Thought it could be a problem with the batteries, since they might be pretty old. Bought a new battery, arrived today, same exact issue (even after a full charge!)

Safe to say it's a problem with the camcorder itself, and I'd like to know what can I do about this. I could just give up on it but the camera's really cool and now there's money I just wasted so I won't give up easily.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Aside from making sure the battery contact points are clean and making good contact, I don't think there is much you can do.

You could try a camera repair ship, but that is likely to be expensive and possibly of no help.