Question Inverter charge problem

Nov 5, 2023
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad 3, and while it charged on my everstart inverter for 6 months, it stopped and I can't figure out why. It's a pure sine wave inverter, rated for 100v (max 110), and the AC adapter for the laptop is 65w. I did go buy a brand new inverter, but no luck. And as the others say, it charges fine at home using said AC adapter, and the inverter is capable of charging everything from phones and tablets to power drill batteries, portable refrigerators, and small televisions. I have checked with a multimeter, and the adapter is indeed supplying 19.5 watts at the output plug.

Mar 13, 2023
717Jeremy17,

Chances are I misunderstood the above info!

You wrote, "I have checked with a multimeter, and the adapter is indeed supplying 19.5 watts at the output plug. "

I do not know of a "multimeter" that is capable of measuring - displaying watts. I 'think' you meant ? volts ? Which is a common laptop / etc. input voltage.

Do you have/are you using DC (battery or solar) as a power source rather than a power grid (utility)? In your second sentence you said the "... pure sine wave intverter is rates for 100v (max 110)..." I suspect you meant watts? not volts?

There are, AT LEAST, two variables; the Think Pad section or the Ever Start inverter. Sans additional accurate testing data / results, few of us would be much help. GOOD luck, remain WELL & be SAFE!

LR