Mason5694

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
Hello,

I am a 20-year-old college student and teacher and I use my laptop every day.

But for awhile now, my laptop won't charge anymore. It's an Acer Aspire 5755G-52456G50Mnks. When I plug in the ac adapter, there's 3 lights blinking: the on/off button/light, the light with the battery on it and the light with the light bulb on it. They all blink on-off-on-off, the whole time, till I unplug the ac adapter. I can't see a long-short-long-short pattern, it is all short-short-short, etc. I first thought it might be the ac adapter, but I tried my brother's ac adapter and it didn't work in my laptop either (he's got the same laptop). Then we even tried to exchange batteries and we found out that both batteries worked fine. The problem is that neither batteries charge when my laptop is plugged in with the adapter. The laptop works fine, I can use it perfectly, as long as the battery is charged already (in my brother's laptop). I went to a computer store and I told them about the problem. They immediately said it was a motherboard problem and would cost €150+ to fix. I don't have that much money, so I went home again, not knowing what to do. It seems strange that it could be a motherboard problem if the only actual problem is charging.. I hope someone can help me. Thank oyu in advance!