Bill Clinton to Ban Tweeting, Live-Blogging

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
[citation][nom]duk3[/nom]Don't see what this could do, besides save him from a major screwup in his speech.[/citation]

this is Bill Clinton, not George Bush

fuzzyplankton

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
The writer need to freshen up on there law knowledge. You cant jam the attendees’ phones, data or wifi devices as that is against the law to jam any wireless signal. They can only kick them out if they pull out there phone and start to use it.

fuzzyplankton

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
[citation][nom]fuzzyplankton[/nom]The writer need to freshen up on there law knowledge. You cant jam the attendees’ phones, data or wifi devices as that is against the law to jam any wireless signal. They can only kick them out if they pull out there phone and start to use it unless they now how to tweet in there pants.[/citation]

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Not unreasonable to ask for attention.[/citation]

Bingo! Some people have come to the conclusion that many people are loosing the ability to do analysis because news is often presented in tiny little chunks, like a tweet.

Crap in, crap out.

wowohwow

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
It's probably because tweets and blogs tell the actual truth whereas newspapers and tv media shape the facts to produce fiction.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]fuzzyplankton[/nom]The writer need to freshen up on there law knowledge. You cant jam the attendees’ phones, data or wifi devices as that is against the law to jam any wireless signal. They can only kick them out if they pull out there phone and start to use it.[/citation]
Correction, they cant jam their cellular signal.. Wifi they can "Jam" all they want, as WiFi is in the ISM band and not licensed by the FCC. And the only legality that stops them from being able to jam cellular signals (currently) is the fact that operating a jamming device on the cellular frequencies would violate FCC licensing laws, and then on an Indian reservation even that is ok.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
is it to much to ask of this generation to stfu and listen to someone before writing about them?

no posting crap while he talks, wait till after when you have all the information and dont risk missing something when you aren't paying attention.

usfs

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
People can just tweet after he does his speech. I mean its not unreasonable to ask that if you go you at least pay attention.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Ya, wowohwow because you can't spin tweets.. Really.. Dumbest thing I've heared in a long time. But hey I guess if I tweet I'm Bill Gates I'm gonna get rich real fast because it must be true.

I see nothing unreasonable about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.