Bios loop maybe?

Atrix

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
Hello having an odd issue. The lap top is a samsung (np700z5c) okay here is the issue before I left to go on mission my laptop was running fine I left it at home while I was gone and came back turned it on the Windows boot screen took over an hour to load and windows ran slow even once booted so naturally I thought it was just windows acting up so I turned off the laptop and dusted off the windows 7 disk and prepared to donanclean install no issue done them before...well turned back on laptop and it boots up and the Samsung slash screen comes up an the blue bar loads and the laptop just resets over and over..the bio buttion won't work the boot order buttion won't work the keyboard lights up and what now but just boots over and over..at and lost here any help would be helpful.

Atrix

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
Not an issue with heat no dust on the inside and itnis on less them 2min, it turns on try to boot and restarts over and over. Can't access any settings to change it to not to reboot on failure. No errors codes, no beep codes nothing. I reset the cmos on it and no luck either.

Atrix

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
It won't even go past the Samsung splash screen..it won't read cds converted the files to a USB flash it won't boot to flash even (it did once then rebooted and stopped) it just loops and loops as I said.

Markkk

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
hmm do you have a Spare traditional keyboard?

If you do. you can unplug your laptop Keyboard (they usually have a quick release and simple ribbon plug) and Try the Traditional Keyboard

Keyboard issues on a laptop can cause all sorts of issues... Hopefully its just that simple for you

Atrix

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
I think I figured it out in pull out the HDD and booted it and it goes stright into the bios menu. As before it would just reboot over and over not even reading the wi.dows cd or any thing. So yeah popped back in the hdd and it starts to loop again so I am pretty sure itnis the hdd. But if you think it may be something else feel free to let me known I will try any thing.

Markkk

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Sound like a possible HDD Error... Keyboard working ok in bios?
(previously you could not use keyboard to get to bios which does not point to a hdd issue)

Weird issue your having... Can you now boot from the USB or CD ?

Atrix

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
When I remove the hdd the computer goes right into the bio/boot option screen keyboard works then. I put the hdd back in and it get stuck in the crazy loop. With no hdd in I could try a Linux live distribution but yeah it is odd that the hdd would make the bio act up like that. I never ran into a hdd failure that would cause that issuse. As of right now I am still sure it is an hdd issue...I just don't want to get a new hdd and find out it is something else I may have over looked

Atrix

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
I7baby I appreciate your efforts but the issue is not in windows I done isolated the issue to the bios/hdd I am thinking more hdd for this reason. When the hdd is installed the pc won't even attempt to read the hdd or anything associated with the hdd IE;windows. It just posts and reboots in a loop over and over messages or anything of the sort. So not knowing the issue I began removing hardware piece by piece to see if maybe hardware was the issue, I removed the ram (samsung is weird and has 4 gigs of on board ram that can't be removed) removed the hard drive powered it it went into the bios the boot priority was the hard drive first that is what I wanted to check but with the odd boot loop I could not access the bios for some reason. BIOS boot priority checked out fine so it has to be the hdd unless I overlooked something that maybe the issue.

Markkk

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
I would take you Laptop into a shop and say I think my HDD is faulty and needs replacing... that way they can slip a new or 2nd hand hdd in and you can see if it get past loop.

If it does its your HDD is definitely Faulty
If it Loops Damn \ Warranty claim (you have reset bios to defaults?)

Chances are the HDD Controller on the Actual HDD is playing up - meaning that even a External HDD enclosure for your Laptop Drive may not work ;(

Either Way I hope you had a backup of your important files.

I have experienced the eternal loop due to a bad drive and incorrect Bios settings but never has it locked the keyboard out - that threw me a little

Atrix

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
Hate to bring this back up but here is an update. Reset the bio (removed the cmos
) bought a.new hdd put it in and still no luck...the pc will boot into the wimdows in stallion install and when it reboots (after intake the disk out) it goes right into the loop once more....the bios reads all 8 gig of ram just fine checked that...I am at a lost could the whole bios some how got corrupted that even a cmos rest would not work?

Markkk

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
So it installed Windows on the new HDD, then it went into a endless loop?

The keyboard works ok now so you can get back into bios with the new drive in?
You have Selected the new HDD as primary boot device?

Atrix

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
No the odd thing is it still won't boot to the bios with the hdd in however, when I remove the hdd it will boot sqance is as follows. USB hdd (which is how I installed Windows onto the hdd) then the hdd its self. With the USB drive removed it should boot to the HDD but it just loops. It can't be the bios due to the fact that when the windows USB install flash drive is in it Wil read it and boot to it just fine and let me install windows with no issue. The laptop has this 8 gig like hardrive built into it I can see it on the hardrive list when I go to install windows it is some kind of fast boot drive used for hybernation mode in windows from what I understand not sure how to disable it. So the primary hardrive is okay I know that much, idk if this little 8gig fastboot drive would be casein the issue or not. I am racking my mind over this.

Markkk

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Of course, the interesting point when looking at the Samsung 700Z5C is performance.

Samsung installs the latest hardware in their test model: an entry-level quad-core CPU, i7-3615QM, from Intel and an Nvidia GeForce GT 640M.
A hybrid version is available for faster boot and shorter load times. This version combines a traditional HDD with a mini SSD (8 GB) from SanDisk. This system ("Express Cache") is familiar from the predecessor, the 700Z5A, but that model was equipped with a faster 7200 rpm Hitachi HDD. Our test model has to make do with a slower 5400 rpm HDD, which is apparent from the slower access times, but the HDD offers 1 TB storage space.
The multimedia notebook is equipped with 8 GB RAM, of which 4 GB is securely soldered. The second slot, like in the 700Z5A, is accessible via a flap.

So yes your right this is what is likely causing the endless loop the 8G SSD fast boot option.