BioShock Infinite Announced: A BioShock Prequel

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Could we PLEASE, for the love of Dog, see some gameplay video? I'm getting pretty sick of getting nothing but cinematic previews for upcoming games. And you guys wonder why studios now feel the need to charge us $60 a pop?

suisenbenjo

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
[citation][nom]gshauger[/nom]You're joking right? It used the Unreal 3 engine. That's as cutting edge as you're gonna get on the 360/PS3.[/citation]

Actually, both Bioshock and Bioshock 2 use the Unreal Engine 2.5. I personally thought they did look a little "stale".

jcb82

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
I think the concept is a little far-fetched in my opinion. The game is set in 1912, it just seems a little odd that technology would have been available to allow buildings to fly for whatever reason any utopian thinker may dream of. Although, I am sure they will make a fantastic attempt to explain it. I just think that I won't be able to suspend my disbelief enough.

Secondly, the character ART style looks like it came from the Shrek movies or something.

Third, if its a rethink of everything why is there a being that is analogous to the big daddy of previous iterations of the series?

ragequit

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
I find it funny all the people complaining about the new Bioshock Game. If you love FPS's and have played at least one of the 1st 2 Bioshock games, then this should be exciting news. The story, moral questions, game play, atmosphere, left hand plasmids, right hand weapon...The Bioshock games are some of my favorite. This is on my list already and doesn’t even come out until 2012.

Here is an Interview with the creative director of Bioshock: Infinite that just wets my appetite even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS