Bioshock Infinite Delayed Until 2013 - When It's Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
since then we have realized that diablo 3 was actually shipping this year and we didnt want to compete. They can take all the time they need, game looks awesome. I missed bioshock 2 but i really liked the first one.

deicided

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]I was looking forward to this game. However... I can wait. I'm sure the sunshine isn't that bad after all...[/citation]

According to the cancer foundation it is ;)

alhanelem

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Hopefully this extra time will prevent the developers from taking the easy road and making a console port for the game instead of an actual PC game.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Good to hear that a developer is actually taking the time to hopefully make the game up to the standards fans expect instead of half-assing it (Dragon Age 2). There are plenty of other games to play in the mean time.

Stardude82

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
[citation][nom]Kahless01[/nom] I missed bioshock 2 but i really liked the first one.[/citation]
Second verse same as the first... But how can you "miss" the game? It's not like you can't play it anymore. It's like on sale on Steam fairly regularly. Oh, go back and play the System Shock games.

G

Your comment brings up a decent question.
"Oh, go back and play the System Shock games."
I LOVED the old System Shock games but many people look at them and say they are dated. In much the same was there are plenty of old games that are considered outdated but are excellent. I would go bananas over an updated Quest for Glory or Kings Quest series. They do it in movies all the time, I think that it would work well in the gaming arena as well. Not saying that there is an excuse to not make new content but the older stuffs selling point was the story and that is somewhat of a lost art.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
never really liked the silly story in bioshock, but what an fps it's as good as any other I've tried in recent years. Can't say I've been really impressed with an fps since the first fear or maybe cod4

billotla

Honorable
May 10, 2012
It never rains but it pours.
g.gif

jerrspud

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
What is the difference between a man and a parasite? A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?' A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?' A man invents. A parasite says, "We really haven't kept up with Bioshock Infinite since it was originally announced"

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
I've read that it's because GTA V might release this October and they don't want the two games to compete with each other. It's unlikely but there's always a chance

leakingpaint

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2007
This team is legend. I'm sad that it isn't coming out this year but I'm happy they're trying to make it perfect - good for them. Activision should take lessons from these guys and stop rushing devs to produce a new COD every year.

leakingpaint

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2007
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]never really liked the silly story in bioshock, but what an fps it's as good as any other I've tried in recent years. Can't say I've been really impressed with an fps since the first fear or maybe cod4[/citation]

...silly story? huh?! you're saying this after playing the first game?...I'm so confused right now...

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Looks like they are getting the devolpment right, now let us hope they do not mess it up with some dragonian DRM.
I love playing games but if it comes with a dragonian DRM I'll not play it ( nor will I pirate it either). Yes I do miss out on some great games but if you make it harder to buy and play the game than to pirate it I'm not interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.