BioWare Responds to Fans, Will Clarify Mass Effect 3 Ending

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
I hardly belive that Bioware did not see this coming before they released the game. ANYONE without their expirience in game making knows it. The fact is, they will not say "the reason" why they made it like that, wich clsoes us to the fact that it was something considerated negative.

For example: They did it so ppl would buy DLC. So to make more money. They not about to say that, even if its clear as pure water.
As of me:
Since mass effect 2 i was in AWE. So many characters, so many dialog lines, so many choices, so many conscequences.

In the end in mass effect , seems like a lot was simply cut off.
How do you explain going from 12 characters to 6? Its just making a cheaper game.
How do you explain smaller areas in 3rd game? (mass effect 2 citadel seemed almsot a big place, mass effect 3 seems like 4 small areas and 1 medium.
How do you explain how lineal the game is? (There is almost nothing you can do outside of the main plot, yet in ME2 there were some decent side missions).

The only reason i can think of, in order to so severly cut down a game that is already great (in otehr words, make that game worse), is to kill the saga in order to lower ts chances of re-playability. This way you ensure yourself that players will not start from mass effect 1 to mass effect 3 once they beat the 3rd to see if they can get another ending.
If you would make 16 diffrent endings that revolve around 3 games, each about 40 hours gameplay, you potencially get players to play that game for months, instead of buying a new game.

Just my 5 cents.

G

Seems like BW is starting to care less and less about making the gamers happy. This is an issue I've seen happen time and time again with other gaming companies and it always leads to the company disbanding, fragmenting, being taken over, or otherwise not remaining whole.

If BW values their position in the gaming industry they'll pull their collective heads from their collective rumps.

G

You guys are all idiots for buying ea game on day1/pre order. I made sure to wait, view every reviews that came out, then made decision not to buy it after hearing about on-disc DLC character and the god-awful ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.