BioWare to Release Mass Effect 3 Demo on Valentine's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
It's so ironic, games no one ever heard don't get a demo, but a game people know is great gets a demo. Make up your mind, EA! (and drop Origin, or I'll sadly have to skip this)

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I wonder if we will still be able to use our save files from ME2 when this thing is released? I was bored with ME2 when I played the first time, until I found a save file online that made all the same decisions that I did. It expanded the game quite a bit.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]salgado18[/nom]It's so ironic, games no one ever heard don't get a demo, but a game people know is great gets a demo. Make up your mind, EA! (and drop Origin, or I'll sadly have to skip this)[/citation]

because we dont know if it will be good... ea seriously put their hands into it this time, and possible fucked it up worse than i think 2 was rpg stat wise, it was a fucking 3rd person shooter... i love loot, i love getting better guns... io dont like having the same gun a whole god damn game like fps of today have you do.

G

Eff Electronic Arts!

I love Bioware games. I love the Mass Effect Universe. I'm also a PC gamer.

This last statement does not bode well for my Mass Effect future.

I refuse to submit to EA and their forcing of Origin down the customer's throat. If EA were more gamer-friendly I might not take that stance. If EA had better customer service I might not take this stance. If EA offered a digital download service that offered the customer something of value, I might take a different stance. Instead they are punishing the paying customer by forcing this sub-par "service".

Well I choose not to be a customer anymore. Sorry Bioware.

Now there's a demo for the console crowd....yeh...F! Electronic Arts!

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Sorry, but they got the picture wrong. This game is all about FemShep. ;)

I do wonder why they are releasing a demo for the 3rd installment of what was certainly a very satisfying series. Most anyone who is gonna be interested in ME:3 has already played 1 and 2. Just release the game already!

G

lildragon311 -

"I refuse to submit to EA and their forcing of Origin down the customer's throat. If EA were more gamer-friendly I might not take that stance. If EA had better customer service I might not take this stance. If EA offered a digital download service that offered the customer something of value, I might take a different stance. Instead they are punishing the paying customer by forcing this sub-par "service". "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm guessing you don't like Steam either? Games like the Call of Duty series being Steam exclusive - how dare they shove Steam down our throats. I bought a boxed copy of MW2 and the disc was useless because of Steam. Asinine. Origin and Steam are one in the same - everyone I know hated Steam when it came out, now everyone swears by it. Maybe you don't like competition? Someone to challenge pricing of Steam and Impulse. I've had zero problems with Origin since BF3 came out so I'm not sure why some are aggravated by something new. Problems others have are answered on Forums by EA employees so your problem isn't about customer service since you suggest you haven't used Origin.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I bought BF3, knowing origin was required. But I wanted to give EA the benefit of the doubt. Origin couldn't really be THAT bad could it? It was, and it is. I've learned my lesson, and as long as ME3 is an origin exclusive game, I won't be paying for it.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Why oh why can't I find a woman who would define herself as a gamer?[/citation]They are out there, learn to like dark hair and glasses. My girl is addicted to The Sims and enjoys RPG's, but she can still hold her own on Halo: Reach. God forbid she gets sprint/gravity hammer combo. x_x

Gamer-girl

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
What's the difference between kinect voice command and just using a mic + voice recognition software?

P.S. not all gamer girls wear glasses, just like not all guys.

vleigh

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I got the CE of SWTOR on physical media (how quaint!), the physical goodies like the "doll" and the book are a nice enough touch. I have Origin installed, but I don't run it. I downloaded the client from the website (and it has been patched so many times, the content on the DVDs was obsolete before it shipped). I betcha you can do the same with ME3.
Origin does suck. I tried to gift a buddy a copy of SWTOR via Origin - couldn't. It's not much improved from the "EA Store" days. It's no Steam, not that Steam is all that - but it does a much better job. So, I don't really see how Origin is a complete deal breaker if you can access the game launcher without going through Origin (as you can with SWTOR, I guess).

Status
Not open for further replies.