Bitcoin Virus Support

Chereboy

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Hi, my friends laptop just got a virus and I have tried my best to remove it with all my knowledge and internet tutorials. This virus is the notorious bitcoin virus. This Laptop is running on a windows 8.1 system. I have read that you need to start the Laptop in safe mode to delete the source file although, everytime I try to lauch safemode, the laptop will just restart. So I logged in normally and with the 30 seconds I had before the bitcoin blocker appeared I opened the run box and typed in "msconfig", went to the boot tab and changed the boot option to boot in safe mode on startup. Now the laptop will load untill the point of the login screen but just before it asks you to login it restarts instantly. Now it is impossible for me to change the boot options back to normal startup because I cannot get to the login screen. And I cannot launch safe mode from the startup repair screen. I dont want to format the laptop because there is important documents on it. Could someone please help me. Thank you.

uccvlc

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
Will the computer allow you to boot from a usb drive? If so, go to www.malwarebytes.com and download a free version on the usb drive and run a full scan on the infected computer. I would also download avast and run it after I ran malwarebytes on the computer.

Chereboy

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Okay guys. It looks like the problem is solved. I went into the PC Setting buy turning the PC off incorrectly and chose the Refresh PC option. When the Laptop restarted and asked me to do all my settigs again. The virus seems to be removed amd everything seems fine

uccvlc

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
That's great! See, you are not quite the novice you thought you were! LOL!

I would definitely recommend the owner have some malware/adware/spyware detection software installed if they haven't already.