Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnjazzgal

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Thank you for a great article that reinforces my decision to give BD Free a try. However, I'd like to provide feedback on my first encounter with their "English speaking technicians". It was most certainly not as you describe. I was told that support was only provided for the "Classic Product Line", and they would not even answer basic functionality/installation trouble-shooting questions for me. I.e., why BD initially showed up in my Windows 7 Action Center as red alert/turned off (& I couldn't turn it on); then after I finally got it turned on, it didn't show up at all in Action Center (and still doesn't). I have no security/AV monitoring at all in A.C. now. Plus, the installation caused Chrome to completely bite the dust, and since I couldn't get troubleshooting, I had to uninstall/re-install the browser. Very unhappy with the lack of support for a new user - which doesn't encourage me in the least to consider upgrading.

Jan 11, 2019
Brian, I respectfully disagree with your review in support as Bitdefender as the best. This anti-virus program pervasively and invasively blocks safe websites in ad nauseum fashion and with no true remedy other than having to whitelist every safe website you may peruse. This annoying situation created by Bitdefender happens on browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, etc.
Here's a "helpful" ??set of instructions directly from BitDefender. This is like taking your car to a mechanic for an issue he created in a previous visit to his shop, he charges you for the subsequent repair and his remedy is to give you instructions on how to fix the problem yourself. Thank you very much BitDefender. Good grief... https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13426/

IMHO, Bitdefender is a prime example of a company rushing their product out the door for $ale without proper vetting and testing. If you want to avoid cyber influenced acid reflux, stay at least three zip codes away from Bitdefender.

Status
Not open for further replies.