Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 Review: Best All-Around Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeLapTop

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015
They are unscrupulous - once you sign up you can never leave, they will charge you even if you provide them with a number of messages saying you do not want to auto-renew.

Avoid these guys like the plague - you will be charged for life

Goodspike

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Bitdefender was very good up until the 2016 product and the launch of Windows 10. Based on how upgrading went, seemingly the company was completely unaware that Windows 10 was coming out. I had so many issues with their 2015 product under Windows 10 that I signed up for their public beta of 2016.

But beyond that, the final 2016 product made changes to the sign in for the account. I completely lost access to web information on my 3 computers with their Antivirus + product, but at least the product on those computers continued to function. One day my Total Security 2016 product quit working (shutting off both AV and Firewall without turning on Windows Firewall) and the website for about an hour indicated that I had no active subscriptions, when really I had over 500 days left!

This company has completely lost its way.

nancyinwi

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015
I have had so many issues with Bitdefender. New computer but with Windows 7. There is some conflict between the Windows 10 prep popups and Bitdefender it would make my screen go black after Windows desktop loaded. Thought I had it fixed when I got rid of the Windows 10 reminder updates, but alas, still the black screen. Then, I updated my video driver and all was good for 3 weeks, when today, I got a blue screen of death. Points to the video driver, but I honestly think that it has to do with Bitdefender because it happens when BD is loading after Windows desktop loads.

I need to upload a .dmp file, but I don't know how to do it. When I figure it out, I'll be starting a new thread in the hardware area.

Rob_The_Man

Estimable
Jan 31, 2016
Long story short, I had a friend over on Friday and we watched a movie online at one of those "watch free" websites. He went to a website I wasn't familiar with, but said it was good and safe (turns out he has a Mac so everything is safe for him).
Ended up that the very next day my computer constantly froze and crashed. I had been unable to download anitvirus, execute any scans, OR even download Windows Update. I jumped in and out of Safe Mode, messed around with the registry, and downloaded a lot of antivirus software using my second computer and a flash drive frown emoticon
I tried many different antivirus programs and nothing worked, they only found small things which were warnings and useless crap. I tried Avast, Malwarebites, and TrendMicro. Nothing.
FINALLY I tried BitDefender, and after getting the latest update, I ran a full scan on the computer. It found a Trojan and quarantined it immediately.
Before I restarted my computer, I immediately tried to initiate a Windows Update, and the process began without freezing and crashing! I noticed a dramatic difference immediately after BitDefender removed the threat. Finally back to working condition!
If you suspect your computer was infected with something nasty, not just the typical malware, but something which is making your computer freeze and not allowing you to even run antivirus scans, try everything you can to get BitDefender running on your computer. It is the best one by FAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.