BitDefender: iPhone Unlocking Scam is Afoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
the whole i(insert stupid appliance name applicable here) ecosystem is one massive fascist regime, jobs talks about only allowing good quality applications but without an open environment your hindering creativity, also without bad applications how do people develop better ones and in ways some bad applications put together in a certain way can always make a better application, its a matter of good design and evolution of a product which just cant happen if the first programs dont get allowed.

ivan_chess

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
There must be a lot of people who don't get the functionality they want out of their iPhone for hackers to bother making a virus like this.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Dirtman73[/nom]Wow, I thought Apple products never got viruses. Silly me.[/citation]
apple products never get viruses because they lock down and overprotect their products like the man living in the bomb shelter his whole life, and jail-breaking takes the protection away.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
That's why people SHOULDN'T:
*open every piece of spam they get
*use a filter, or just use gmail
*think before executing sh!t on a windows box
*use linux when dealing with e-mail, use windows only when ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]mauller07[/nom]the whole i(insert stupid appliance name applicable here) ecosystem is one massive fascist regime, jobs talks about only allowing good quality applications but without an open environment your hindering creativity, also without bad applications how do people develop better ones and in ways some bad applications put together in a certain way can always make a better application, its a matter of good design and evolution of a product which just cant happen if the first programs dont get allowed.[/citation]

Voted down for rambling about Apple and Steve Jobs completely and 100% off topic. Enough already.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Dirtman73[/nom]Wow, I thought Apple products never got viruses. Silly me.[/citation]

Apparently I'm the only one who read the article before heading to the comments section to bash Apple.

It is Windows malware... the iPhone isn't getting a virus and I doubt a Windows batch file will affect a Mac.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]hanrak[/nom]is this site owned by apple?[/citation]
I doubt this site is owned by Apple. But the people running this site has too many iPad, iPhones, and i(whatever).

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Voted down for rambling about Apple and Steve Jobs completely and 100% off topic. Enough already.[/citation]

i was perfectly on topic, people wouldn't need to be jail breaking their phone to use it openly as they like if it was not locked down in the first place

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Serves those PC owners right for straying from the almighty Apple. If they stuck with Apple, they couldn't get infected with a Windows Virus (unless, of course, they run Windows in Bootcamp because, you know, they actually want to do something with their computer).

Anyway, NEVER trust hacking websites, EVER! Seriously, these people have no problem circumventing the law for their own purposes, so why wouldn't they install a virus on your machine? Think about it people!

G

"Trojan surprise"

Hmmm, I don't even want to imagine what that could be...

necronic

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Apparently I'm the only one who read the article before heading to the comments section to bash Apple. It is Windows malware... the iPhone isn't getting a virus and I doubt a Windows batch file will affect a Mac.[/citation]

No, I read it too. Just a case of idiots.

This is not an Apple virus idiots.

brando56894

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Pretty lame malware if the payload is a simple batchfile, probably created by a script kiddie. If you're gonna make malware at least inject it into the exe file!

[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]apple products never get viruses because they lock down and overprotect their products like the man living in the bomb shelter his whole life, and jail-breaking takes the protection away.[/citation]

Close, the reason why iphones/macs dont get viruses is the same reason linux doesn't get viruses: theyre based off of unix, which is inherently secure since normal users only have access to modify their home directory and not the entire filesystem.

Status
Not open for further replies.