Black bars atop and down the screen

Oscar_11

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
Hi, I have a vga monitor connected through a HDMI adapter to my pc which has a gtx 1050ti.
Today I got a screen cleaner and proceeded to disconnect the screen from the wall and then from the pc. But I didn't turned off the pc before disconnecting. When I connected the screen again, there were black bars in atop and down the screen, so I tried adjusting the screen resolution because I thought it was just that the resolution reseted, but the bars were still there, I made a system restore thinking that would resolve the matter but it didn't, I don't know what to do.
Thanks in advance for your assistance

Solution
First thing, connect the display with a different cable to something with a VGA port without an adapter. If that does not work, a clue is that "you got a screen cleaner", you may have been a bit too generous with the screen cleaner and it leaked into the monitor, of you used too much force when cleaning the screen.
First thing, connect the display with a different cable to something with a VGA port without an adapter. If that does not work, a clue is that "you got a screen cleaner", you may have been a bit too generous with the screen cleaner and it leaked into the monitor, of you used too much force when cleaning the screen.

Solution