Black bars atop and down the screen

Oscar_11

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
Hi, I have a vga monitor connected through a HDMI adapter to my pc which has a gtx 1050ti.
Today I got a screen cleaner and proceeded to disconnect the screen from the wall and then from the pc. But I didn't turned off the pc before disconnecting. When I connected the screen again, there were black bars in atop and down the screen, so I tried adjusting the screen resolution because I thought it was just that the resolution reseted, but the bars were still there, I made a system restore thinking that would resolve the matter but it didn't, I don't know what to do.
Thanks in advance for your assistance

hang-the-9

Titan
First thing, connect the display with a different cable to something with a VGA port without an adapter. If that does not work, a clue is that "you got a screen cleaner", you may have been a bit too generous with the screen cleaner and it leaked into the monitor, of you used too much force when cleaning the screen.

hang-the-9

Titan
First thing, connect the display with a different cable to something with a VGA port without an adapter. If that does not work, a clue is that "you got a screen cleaner", you may have been a bit too generous with the screen cleaner and it leaked into the monitor, of you used too much force when cleaning the screen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
winston89 Streaming Video & TVs 0
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 5
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2