Black Screen Asus X540L

Jun 2, 2018
So here's the thing whenever I opened my laptop sometimes it works fine like there's no black screen but sometimes it does. But when the black screen occur everytime I sign into my account the screen was working but after I signed up the black screen occured, so I don't really get why it is like that. Then this day happened when I am trying to open my laptop it suddenly beeps really loud so I got panicked and that's what happened. So I hope some of you could help me to solve my problem thank you

Solution
It could be the display, the cable that connects it, the GPU or something else. First I would try updating the drivers (if you can get in that is). If not then, try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the...
It could be the display, the cable that connects it, the GPU or something else. First I would try updating the drivers (if you can get in that is). If not then, try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Solution