Solved! Black Screen laptop

Dec 18, 2019
Hi
Yesterday I turned my laptop off and everything was normal today I turned it on but nothing but black screen and the fan of laptop doesn't turn.
The laptop is running for 5 seconds with black screen and then turns off automatically.
Goes the laptop black normally if the fan doesn't work? If I changed he fan will it work or there could be something wrong other than fan?
Any help please.
Thanks a lot

Solution
It is likely not the fan. The fan having issues would not make the screen black nor it power off right after powering on. You are likely talking either a power problem (internal not charger/battery) or a motherboard problem.

It is possible (a few laptops do this but not all) that the display is the problem or the GPU. Which can then (again in some cases) make it not start. Try the following to test that. If you still get it turning off right after powering on, then I would have it looked at for the power and/or motherboard.

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
  2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
  3. Turn on the external monitor.
  4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external...
It is likely not the fan. The fan having issues would not make the screen black nor it power off right after powering on. You are likely talking either a power problem (internal not charger/battery) or a motherboard problem.

It is possible (a few laptops do this but not all) that the display is the problem or the GPU. Which can then (again in some cases) make it not start. Try the following to test that. If you still get it turning off right after powering on, then I would have it looked at for the power and/or motherboard.

4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

Solution
Dec 18, 2019

4. Turn on the laptop.
NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

Thanks for help I tried to connect it to another TV but I got nothing but I have noticed that the fan spins and sometimes not.