Black screen with light blinking at power button

Mar 30, 2018
I downloaded the series of episodes ,after an hour the screen itself turns black .Its now upto 10hrs no responsive model hp laptop pls tell the way to debugging

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 4
P Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 5
H Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1