Blackberry Lost Service in Three Continents. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]STravis[/nom]At least they can say that they have customers in those continents...[/citation]

*had customers in those continents...

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
The title could have been chosen better. At the same time, RIM isn't going anywhere, and they're not going down in flames as most people would love to believe.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Yeah... Blackberries are so great! That is why they are losing market share to iPhones and Android.

I'm glad my company got rid of them. Nobody misses the BB phones.

Emperus

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Well it hit India too (if not known already). But doesn't matter as it was first experience of its kind and surely is not going to make users switch (lol to the very idea). It will be interesting to know the reason though.

Rizlla

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
My wife's Blackberry also did not have any service. We are in South Africa. That's further away than Kenya.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Blackberry's are very popular especially among kids here. Pay&Go has the 8520 for £125. The only 2 phones cheaper are the orange san Francisco (ZTE blade) but its locked to orange and people don't wanna tinker, or the £120 x10 mini pro where the size puts many people off. With so many people already on a curve. Many places sting them and neglect to mention the £5 BB addon too. The interesting trend is a lot of iphone users have been switching to BB. Either looks, reputation of rim (not as much among power users), the fact its vastly different from android +ios and the fact every phone shop employee seems to be pushing these its not surprising RIM are popular here.

Outage was kinda annoying, had my laptop and wifi so didn't miss anything important. Was just annoying getting 53 emails coming through (mainly notifications) all at once at 11pm. I'm already looking towards android (atrix for webtop mode) tho the playbook is making me keep an eye on blackberry. The fact that they don't support orange tv swapable is really the straw that breaks the camels back.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom]Yeah, but you belong in the same category as "Stuck-in-his-old-ways-Grandpa". Seriously, BB is rapidly dying - as It really has nothing left that Android can't offer.[/citation]

Unlike Android based phones, BBs allow you to answer incoming calls at all times - that's a pretty important business feature. Android phones, well, they let you answer a call when they aren't busy doing other tasks in the background.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
What Android phones are YOU using. my Evo lets me answer a call no matter what apps are running or tasks are going on. You must have had experience with android 1.0 or something.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]The title could have been chosen better. At the same time, RIM isn't going anywhere, and they're not going down in flames as most people would love to believe.[/citation]
Not in flames but certainly in rust.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
Just got this from our RIM Rep

Outage
Blackberry Data Outage - Nationwide
TICKET: 7933XXX
SUMMARY: Blackberry Data Outage - Nationwide
• Customers may experience issues with:
• Sending/Receiving email
• Text messages