Blackberry Storm 2 Arriving Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

zayed90

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
well, well. I've had the 8900 curve for a long time, and the only reason that was stopping me from getting the storm was the storm 2. So yeah, hopefully I'll be able to get one tomorrow.

G

I love my Storm 1. No chance i'll get a Storm 2. Specially with the Google phone coming out.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Was waiting for this phone but couldnt wait any longer. I hate when they keep everyone in the dark. I ended up getting an HTC Touch Pro 2. Waiting for WM 6.5 to come out. Love it because I can customize it more without cracking and warranty issues.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
[citation][nom]tester24[/nom]Was waiting for this phone but couldnt wait any longer. I hate when they keep everyone in the dark. I ended up getting an HTC Touch Pro 2. Waiting for WM 6.5 to come out. Love it because I can customize it more without cracking and warranty issues.[/citation]

I got AT&T version of the TP2, the Tilt 2. It came with WM 6.5 and TF3D 2.1, but that got blown away the day I got it home. If you want WM6.5 now (and are not afraid of breaking warranty) head over to http://www.xda-developers.com/ and get a new ROM. It's like night and day.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
I'd like one, but I imagine my company is going to keep me on the 8330 untill they stop making them. Say what you will about Blackberries as far as personal phones go, but they are good work phones (at least, for office folk).

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]I got AT&T version of the TP2, the Tilt 2. It came with WM 6.5 and TF3D 2.1, but that got blown away the day I got it home. If you want WM6.5 now (and are not afraid of breaking warranty) head over to http://www.xda-developers.com/ and get a new ROM. It's like night and day.[/citation]
I used this site to hack my previous HTC phones and loved them.. But when the screen on my 8525 died and my contract was up, at the time it was the Tilt for $299 or the iPhone for $199. That was an easy choice and I love my iPhone.. We'll have to see whats available when my contract is up next year. Although, I doubt I will get the Storm2, I never liked the Blackberry OS.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]I got AT&T version of the TP2, the Tilt 2. It came with WM 6.5 and TF3D 2.1, but that got blown away the day I got it home. If you want WM6.5 now (and are not afraid of breaking warranty) head over to http://www.xda-developers.com/ and get a new ROM. It's like night and day.[/citation]

Yeah i've been looking into that but i'm not sure about it. I might just wait until end of november. But if it's any longer than that I'm going to crack it.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I just bought a pair of Storm 2s this morning. One for me and one for my wife. So far we are both really impressed with them. They seem very responsive and fast. The auto-correct feature for typing is a flat out amazing. I make a mistake every 6 or 7 words but every time so far its auto-corrected it for me. I can get really good words per minute on it.

The web browsing seems solid and the call quality is very very good. I used the speaker phone option earlier today and my friend on the other end said I sounded clear and sharp. I haven't had a chance to download many custom apps yet but so far I have to say I'm loving it! I was really worried about the clicking screen but no problems whatsoever with it. I love that the clicking deactivates when I lock or shut off the phone.

I would recommend it with what I have seen so far!

rcmaniac25

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
OS 5.0 for the Storm is a huge improvment. Much faster then before. The Storm 2 will have more RAM so it should run even better on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.