Blizzard Hiring PS3 Developer for Diablo 3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnUnusedUsername

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Why is everyone so dead-set that this means a console port of d3? That doesn't make any sense. The job posting (and more clearly the earlier postings) don't say anything about d3, they are worded to suggest the much more sensible idea that blizzard is working on a game in the diablo universe for consoles, not that they are porting d3 to consoles. I'd be willing to bet that it's about another game in the diablo universe entirely. The diablo control scheme just wouldn't work on a console, so why not make a different game that would?

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Blizzard don't give a crap about PC users or Diablo fans. They care about profits so prepare to get juiced with an unfinished game and outdated graphics so you'll buy the expansions blindly.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
So that's why it looked and played so dated and was utterly blah when I played it at Blizzcon, they were getting it ready for consoles.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
keep the pc and console versions seperate let the consoles only multiplay with other consoles i do not want a crap job version ported to the pc's.
screw the consoles over port everything to them they are dead end hardware anyways the day they are blue printed.
if i get another game that is dumbed down to farmville levels i will start labeling console players as retards with a stick vs. cybertonians with 61st century weapons.

G

So seriously what is the huge "OMG Diablo III on a Console?" attitude about? And the article makes it out as if a Blizzard game has never been on console before. I remember very well Diablo first came out on PC and Playstation. So trust me I don't think not playing with a keyboard and mouse will hurt the game play much (it didn't in the past). Though yes you can get a keyboard and mouse for the PS3.

I think its actually nice to see Diablo return to playstation again after all these years. I love PC don't get me wrong but I love consoles too because its all about the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.