Blizzard: Working on Consoles "At Some Point"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vfighter

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]mutantmagnet[/nom]"We're a culture of gamers. We will definitely work on a console game at some point. I have no doubt about that. It's just [a matter of] what game. What makes the most sense?"Here's an idea: revive StarCraft Ghost. That makes sense."So your suggestion to get Blizzard into consoles is to redo a game from a genre that is still better on a pc than the console?*shakes head*[/citation]
It's Kevin Parrish writing the article. Do you really expect logical commentary? The man is an idiot.

hfitch

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Most of the comments are misinformed at best. First off all the consoles use ATI and or Nvidia for chip-sets so neither company has to worry about going out of business anytime soon. Second Blizzard is perfectly happy taking in 11m x 14 bucks= 154,000,000 a month in fees for WOW. That's more money than Xbox 360 takes in for a useless Gold membership. Blizzard is a company like any other and it all comes down to profit. They know if they don't keep improving their games business will move on. Look at recent improvements in WOW. The game has harder dungeons, Looking for Group system, and better loot distribution. Blizzard could port any game to 360 with minimal effort because as a programmer myself the system is almost the exact same as a PC language. Just got to make sure of your memory allocation and resources and your done. Its a known fact that Blizzard and Microsoft don't exactly like each other. I would think its more of a issue of them not playing nice with each other than not been able to reproduce a great game on console. Microsoft needs to get over one hurdle to allow gamers and developers to really let lose on 360 allow wireless keyboard and mouse support. Here's some nice information for the blogs I've read. Blizzard is supposedly in talks with Sony because unlike Microsoft; Sony will to allow keyboards and mice on the PS3. A side note Blizzard likes the fact there is no service fee extra besides Blizzs own fees.

reichscythe

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]alex35143[/nom]If consoles were to support mouse/keyboard then ATI-Nvidia would die ... I'm sure videocard companies have some kind of deal with MS and Sony to not have this support enabled.[/citation]

I know I really shouldn't laugh at such flagrant displays of ignorance...but I really had to let loose a hearty guffaw when I came across this gem... and by "gem," I mean, "most ridiculous pile of inane blatherskite ever posted on a forum across the entire history of the internet"...

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]mutantmagnet[/nom]So your suggestion to get Blizzard into consoles is to redo a game from a genre that is still better on a pc than the console?*shakes head*[/citation]
How can you comment on a game that was never released? Furthermore, the game was supposed to be a third-person FPS. As far as I know, this is one of the genres that are popular and enjoyable on consoles.

reichscythe

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]alex35143[/nom]If consoles were to support mouse/keyboard then ATI-Nvidia would die. why would I spend $300-$500 on a videocard alone when I can buy a console for $300 and use it with my HDMI LCD monitor and a USB KVM switch ... I'm sure videocard companies have some kind of deal with MS and Sony to not have this support enabled.[/citation]

I know I shouldn't laugh at such flagrant displays of ignorance, but I just had to let loose a hearty guffaw when I happened upon this gem... and by "gem" I mean, "most ridiculous pile of asinine blatherskite ever posted on a forum across the entire history of the internet"...

reichscythe

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]alex35143[/nom]If consoles were to support mouse/keyboard then ATI-Nvidia would die. why would I spend $300-$500 on a videocard alone when I can buy a console for $300 and use it with my HDMI LCD monitor and a USB KVM switch ... I'm sure videocard companies have some kind of deal with MS and Sony to not have this support enabled.[/citation]

I know I shouldn't laugh at such flagrant displays of ignorance, but I just had to let loose a hearty guffaw when I happened upon this gem... and by "gem" I mean, "most ridiculous pile of asinine blatherskite ever posted on a forum across the entire history of the internet"...

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]metalfellow[/nom]Or they could finally release Diablo 3[/citation]

Sorry man, that isn't even coming out in 2010, 100% fact, it was in a previous article. Earliest to suspect would we 2011.

BoxBabaX

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]bildo123[/nom]Sorry man, that isn't even coming out in 2010, 100% fact, it was in a previous article. Earliest to suspect would we 2011.[/citation]

Try 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.