Bloomberg: MSFT to Pay $1bn in WP7/Nokia Deal

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

@jdamon113

MS did exactly the same thing with the xbox, went off and brought off a bunch of developers, if it was a desperate move it was one that seem to work. Nokia is a respectable handset maker, they have produced some solid phones (that lacked in the software department), WM7 is not so bad, think of it like windows XP which eventually gave way to windows 7, WM7 will follow suit

15 years in the industry and you didn't think MS bundling a half baked web browser with the win95 plus pack before tying it directly to the OS itself to ensure that user had to use it as desperate, how about the resultant development of ActiveX maybe

MS at least do have a cloud strategy now (and i have to say pretty comprehensive too), they just dont have a strong presences in the low power mobile segment, but i would hazard that they are far from desperate, MS will only fail if they stop developing the platform, otherwise just like windows, WM 7 will evolve over time too, after all IE was abysmal but it still went on to take over 80% of the market share in it's prime (not that you can call anything about IE prime...)

but i'll agree with you on one point, Balmer is an Idiot

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Might I just Microsoft has been making some good products of late.
It'll be nice to see what they can do with a dedicated outlet.

@BalmerIsAnIdiot
I can't tell what you're trying to say. You seem to begrudgingly give MS props and then say Balmer is an idiot.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]lucky015[/nom]I still think it was foolish of Nokia to go with Microsoft.[/citation]
nokia was getting desperate...they had no choice...plus google's os is crap

G

@rhino13

if it makes any difference i think Steve Job is an idiot too

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
So it looks like MS had to pay big bucks to convince Nokia, I suppose. It's too bad that not more companies can see how great WP7 is - it's smooth, it's unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS