Blu-ray for Xbox 360? No No NO!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darcotech

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004
Hi,well I have Xbox 360, PS3 and quadcore/highend graphics in my main PC.
I play 80% on X360,10% on PC and . . . 8% on my smartphone.
I have PS3 basically as a Bluray player(well I got second hand,was dirty cheap).
So to answer to your question why X360 and not PS3:
1. The overal choice of games is far larger on X360 than on PS3
2. The have smoother experience on X360 dashboard than on PS3 (even my kids are saying that and they are coming from PSP)
3. I do watch hidef movies . . . on X360 as download. The rent price is the same as the rent of disks.just smoother experience. I NEVER watch those extras which are there just to excuse exorbitant prices of Bluray movies(DVDs too).
4. Content download is the future.Check the latest success of EA with BT1943.I didnt had to camp in front of store,I got my game right away and had super experience. Game is env. 1Gb big and it downloaded fast enough. I use Steam from valve on my PC. Same experience. Only downside: no second hand.Thats the price you have to pay.Plus for publishers this is piracy killer big way.
So bluray is nice, I have several discs I got as a gift. But PS3 is just taking dust in my living room. Its great machine. Xbox 360 is simply better.And where I live, there is no cap on broadband connection. And this will be probably the same thing everywhere with the time.

PS. To PS3 fanboys. I always buy and support what is better. i do not care about MS or Sony or any brand for that matter. I only care is how much I get for my hard earned dosh.Point.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]bxmnky[/nom]....And to think I've been using a 2TB external HD hooked up to my 360 to watch full 1080 resolution movies for about 2 years now..... BR AND DD are both a waste of time......[/citation]

what? you have 2tb of hd movies without using Bluray or digital distribution? what are you doing? making them yourself? its not my experience that the 2tb hdd come loaded full of hd movies when you buy them, mind you, I've never bought a 2tb drive, maybe this is a new feature?

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Its amasing how every article that mentions either the 360 or PS3 turns into a flame war.

At this point I don't blame MS for not integrating blu-ray, the console's 4 years old now, and anyone who really wants blu-ray has probably purchased a PS3 or standalone player already.

So really there's no point.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
the next consoles will NOT BE ON OPTICAL MEDIA. To the CREATOR OF THIS ARTICLE, STOP TRYING TO PUSH YOUR DESIRE TO HAVE BLU-RAY on THE 360/ IF YOU WANT a blu-ray console go get yourself a PS3 and all the games that came out of 360 on the PS3. AFter all that is why eveyrone else bought a PS3...

Status
Not open for further replies.