Question Blu ray not playing video

Feb 25, 2020
Not a tv but more a projector question. I have a samsung blu Ray connected to my Yamaha receiver that is connected to a projector. When I switch inputs to blu Ray it plays audio but the video is just a pink screen with black bars across. I have switched blu ray platers, hdmi cables, and inputs on the receiver. All the same results. Any help would be appreciated. This has been my set up for 2 years and this problem just occurred.

Feb 25, 2020
I’m using a Yamaha RX-V383 receiver and a Samsung BD-J5100 blu Ray player. I have the blu ray plugged into an input on the receiver and then the receiver to the projector. I can’t figure out why all of a sudden it won’t show video. I have used it before to play the same Blu-ray’s and it has worked. Thanks for the reply.

Did you plug in the BD-J5100 into the HDMI port 1 of the receiver?

Does the blu ray player work together directly with the projector and not plugged into the receiver?

reset the devices
update the firmware of the receiver and the BD player

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
There are four HDMI inputs on the back of the receiver...I have tried them in #3/4 and there is no difference. When it was working before it was in #3. There are 4 inputs and the one output that goes to the projector....I tried sending a pic but not sure how to post it on here. Not sure how to reset the device or update firmware on this receiver. It’s not connected to my WiFi. Again, thanks for your time with this. Really confused how two years in it just stopped working?