Solved! Blue vertical line - Samsung UE48ju6445

Aug 14, 2021
IMG-20210814-145734.jpg

48 Samsung UE48JU6445 Ultra HD 4K HD Smart LED TV

Persistent vertical blue line down the panel, noticeable on white background.
No moisture or electronics around the TV.

Anyone experienced anything similar and know of any economical fixes?

Reactions: BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
T-con board issue usually. Here is an example of replacement.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164697704137?hash=item2658bf86c9:g:HOEAAOSwvPpgJOBM

Be very careful when disconnecting and re-connecting ribbon cables, use very little force, like your doing brain surgery or something. Ruin a connector and game over.
But it IS a simple repair. Look up static safety for the parts, not you. Just leave the TV unplugged and your good.
When it works again and you've saved a ton of money, give me a up-vote!
P.S., adding the pic was a smart idea!

Reactions: imran.
Aug 14, 2021
T-con board issue usually. Here is an example of replacement.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164697704137?hash=item2658bf86c9:g:HOEAAOSwvPpgJOBM

Be very careful when disconnecting and re-connecting ribbon cables, use very little force, like your doing brain surgery or something. Ruin a connector and game over.
But it IS a simple repair. Look up static safety for the parts, not you. Just leave the TV unplugged and your good.
When it works again and you've saved a ton of money, give me a up-vote!
P.S., adding the pic was a smart idea!

Thanks mate.

I've had a look at my T-con board, exact same as the ebay listing, have ordered and will update you once replaced.

The ribbons are easy enough to take out from the bottom of the pic, but quite difficult from the top.

Bottom, the black plastic folds up and ribbon comes out.

Would it be worth replacing just the board or also using the ribbons that come with the ebay listing?

IMG-20210827-122207.jpg

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
The bottom ribbons, should be about as easy to remove as the upper ones, but if the cables come with it plugged in to the board, Try those.
Either way, you should only have to undo the cable at one end of each. The cables don't go bad unless fiddled with ham-handedly.
There should be an unlock mechanism for both ends of the ribbons, though some are just friction fit, and those, are the easiest ones to screw up.
I have faith in you however, seeing as we know each other so well!! :D :p

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
The bottom ribbons, should be about as easy to remove as the upper ones, but if the cables come with it plugged in to the board, Try those.
Either way, you should only have to undo the cable at one end of each. The cables don't go bad unless fiddled with ham-handedly.
There should be an unlock mechanism for both ends of the ribbons, though some are just friction fit, and those, are the easiest ones to screw up.
I have faith in you however, seeing as we know each other so well!! :D:p
How did it come out? The cables are rarely an issue, but not bad practice to clean all ribbon cable contacts, you can gently use a eraser to clean off dirt and oxidation. Go with the length of the cable so you don't fold over a cable end. Please report results, good or bad. (I'm curious as a cat)

Aug 14, 2021
How did it come out? The cables are rarely an issue, but not bad practice to clean all ribbon cable contacts, you can gently use a eraser to clean off dirt and oxidation. Go with the length of the cable so you don't fold over a cable end. Please report results, good or bad. (I'm curious as a cat)

Have finally had a go at it today.

No luck unfortunately.

Tried it by replacing just the tcon board purchased from ebay.
Fired it up, same issue.

Tried again with new provided cables, the top clips were much stiffer but managed to carefully open and replace both, same problem.