Blue yeti with a dac or headphone amp

omnirowdy

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
So I have a blue yeti currently that I plug my headset into the audio jack on and then I can hear my computer and myself talk and I love it, but I have decided to get some really nice headphones the m50x's and I heard that getting an amp or dac can really make it sound even better, but fro my understanding most of amps and dac's connect to the computer via usb and then you headphones plug into it. Are there any amps or dac's that I could plug into my blue yeti 3.5mm jack and then plug my headset into the amp or dac? Will I get better audio from this if so or will this not work? Thanks so much for any responses. Really would appreciate it.

Solution
you can use listen to this device in windows to hear yourself but you might get a small micro delay depending on your hardware/software. its possible to use a soundcard or external dac+amp combo with the yeti if you dont mind this.

the only way for instant zero lag listening of your voice is via that jack which is not really compatible with a dac or soundcard. an amp only is compatible but not needed for the m50 and it doesnt really sound much different heavily amped than just powered enough to work.
the only reason you would need to plug into the headphone jack on the yeti is if you want to listen to your voice as you record in real time.

you cannot use a dac if using that jack. you could use an amp, but the m50 is easy to drive so doesnt need one.

if you wanted a better sound interface, you would have to use a soundcard or dac+amp without going through the front of the yeti.

the m50x is an okay headphone if you can get it closer to $100-130. i have the original m50 and its good for what i need it for. if you have the budget, the dt770 is all around better but does warrant a decent amplifier

omnirowdy

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015

Yea I just got them for 125 on Amazon. So there is no way at all to use an amp and still be able to hear myself with the blue yeti? Thanks for the response by the way

you can use listen to this device in windows to hear yourself but you might get a small micro delay depending on your hardware/software. its possible to use a soundcard or external dac+amp combo with the yeti if you dont mind this.

the only way for instant zero lag listening of your voice is via that jack which is not really compatible with a dac or soundcard. an amp only is compatible but not needed for the m50 and it doesnt really sound much different heavily amped than just powered enough to work.

Solution

omnirowdy

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015

Alright thanks.