Bluetooth between non-bluetooth devices

NicJames2378

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014
I have an RCA television with an audio out headphone jack (3.5mm) and a separate 5.1 surround sound system set up in my room. What I would like to do is have my tv send the audio over bluetooth to a receiver which plugs into my surround. I don't expect the full 5.1 from the television, but simply L/R channels. Does anyone know of such a method or pair of bluetooth devices to do this? Preferably ones that are budget friendly and would stay connected to each other regardless of whether they are in use constantly or not. I have seen a few bluetooth receivers but they all turn off after a short time without signal, which would make me have to power it back on every time I wish to use the tv.

Solution
Hello.

Do you have a specific need for bluetooth? I strongly suggest getting something that is higher quality, as bluetooth needs pairing and all, and can be lots of trouble. For a simple 3.5mm headphone jack output, try this kit:
ebay

It is a wireless audio transmitter. It comes with two parts: 1 transmitter, with a 3.5mm cable and 1 receiver, with a 3.5mm to RCA connector for your surround system's inputs.
You will need an extra power supply and a micro-usb wire for one of them if you plan on leaving them always on.
Hello.

Do you have a specific need for bluetooth? I strongly suggest getting something that is higher quality, as bluetooth needs pairing and all, and can be lots of trouble. For a simple 3.5mm headphone jack output, try this kit:
ebay

It is a wireless audio transmitter. It comes with two parts: 1 transmitter, with a 3.5mm cable and 1 receiver, with a 3.5mm to RCA connector for your surround system's inputs.
You will need an extra power supply and a micro-usb wire for one of them if you plan on leaving them always on.

Solution

NicJames2378

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014
I have no specific need for bluetooth. I wasn't aware there was any other type of wireless that that though. The device you listed looks like it'll do the job perfectly! I'll place an order soon for it since it has a 15 day shipping time lol. Many thanks!