Question Bluetooth cutting out during pauses in audio...

stholt5233

Estimable
Jul 17, 2018
I have a bluetooth receiver that seems to cut out whenever an audio file or stream gets quiet. Music is fine, but listening to an audio book is torture. At every slight pause in the stream the bluetooth receiver seems to mute itself, then "unmutets" when there is audio again, but in doing so, I lose a fraction of a second of the audio. So if I was supposed to hear "whatever", I hear "-atever". Any thoughts on a setting to change, or a way to keep it "live" all the time? I am on a Dell Latitude laptop on Windows 10

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
I have a bluetooth receiver that seems to cut out whenever an audio file or stream gets quiet. Music is fine, but listening to an audio book is torture. At every slight pause in the stream the bluetooth receiver seems to mute itself, then "unmutets" when there is audio again, but in doing so, I lose a fraction of a second of the audio. So if I was supposed to hear "whatever", I hear "-atever". Any thoughts on a setting to change, or a way to keep it "live" all the time? I am on a Dell Latitude laptop on Windows 10

This is normal. Windows 10 does this to save power and it might even be part of the bluetooth protocol. It happens with games I play when using BT headphones.