bluetooth get disconnected automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2018
As i connected to my airbuds the bluetooth work properly for some time then it got disconnected automatically after some time its really annoying

Solution
I would try restarting the phone. Then, if it doesn't resolve the issue, try disconnecting the connection and forget it. Restart the phone and then re-input the connection. Lastly, you may want to check the battery for the earbuds you are connecting. If they are in need of replacing, that will cause the loss.
I would try restarting the phone. Then, if it doesn't resolve the issue, try disconnecting the connection and forget it. Restart the phone and then re-input the connection. Lastly, you may want to check the battery for the earbuds you are connecting. If they are in need of replacing, that will cause the loss.

Solution
Sep 20, 2018
I have come to realize that the reason my phone kept disconnecting had nothing to do with any of the solution posted here. My solution was turning off my WiFi. I do not have a data plan and there are many networks throughout the city. So my phone will connect to a Shaw open network and then as I run out of range (usually running with my buds in when this happens) it will loose connectivity and the bluetooth will cut out. Seems to happen everytime my phone disconnects from a WiFi network.

The solution was turning off my wifi when I go for a run. They did not disconnect once :)

Sep 26, 2018

This is crazy. The same thing is happening to me. When I disconnect from the transit free wifi (because I go underground) my bluetooth switches from bluetooth headphones to phone speaker.

The workaround like you said - was to disable WIFI but why is this happening?

islandchefmw, what phone do you have? Is it samsung?

Sep 27, 2018
This started happening to me a day after updating all my apps something is affecting this, i figured this out today while underground and my wifi goes in and out as soon as I turned it off my bluetooth headphones never disconnected again. I wish I knew which update is making this happen I updated all my Google and Samsung apps. This started yesterday after the update on Wednesday.

Oct 3, 2018

The exact same thing is happening to me. Started about a week or so ago. I wish I had a solution, I don't like turning off my wifi because when I do I always forget to turn it back on and I use up my data sitting at home watching YouTube or Netflix.

Oct 3, 2018

Same thing for me after updating a week+ ago. Bluetooth disconnects whenever I leave a connected WiFi signal. Moto g5 plus.

Oct 5, 2018

I have the same issue with a note 8 and a brand new samsung brand bluetooth headset as well as a 2-3 yr old samsung headset. I believe it may be a bug with the newest operating system. So it looks like we'll just have to wait it out until they fix it.

Oct 11, 2018

Same issue, HTC U11. The problem is specific to bluetooth audio; if I get in my car and let the phone connect to it, the audio from the phone switches from the car speakers to the phone speakers as soon as I drive out of wifi range, unless I turn off wifi before I start the car. However, the phone is still BT-connected to the car; I can navigate the phone book and make calls, but the audio comes out of the phone speaker. Turning off the bluetooth and turning it back on fixes the audio issue.

Also, if I don't turn the wifi off, the bluetooth audio will disconnect again when I get to work and my phone makes a wifi connection to the wifi at work. What it appears to boil down to is: any time the phone connects or disconnects from a wifi network, the bluetooth audio changes source. The only fix I know is turning bluetooth off and back on, plus keeping wifi turned off if I'm near any networks and want to hear music.

Oct 11, 2018

Yep, same here, LG G6. Started with the latest OS update. Idiots just can't leave well enough alone.

Oct 16, 2018

It's iHeartRadio. The app will force audio out of the phone speakers instead of Bluetooth whenever you change your Wi-Fi connection status. It doesn't matter if the app is open or not.

Oct 17, 2018
It's iHeartRadio. The app will force audio out of the phone speakers instead of Bluetooth whenever you change your Wi-Fi connection status. It doesn't matter if the app is open or not.

Wow. Thank you! I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks now. I uninstalled iHeartRadio and no more disconnections. Have you notified iHeartRadio? I'm not sure how to describe the issue to them or be able to prove it's their app but deleting it fixed my issues. Thanks again

Oct 19, 2018

Oct 19, 2018
Thanks ..my problem solved because of you. But i have one question. Did u try gin with wifi on. Did it worked? I listen music online so its doesn't make any sense..any idea?

Oct 23, 2018
The problem is I heart radio app. It has a bug that disconnects bt when wifi switches even if app not being used. Delete app and all will be solved. Reinstall it once they have fixed issue.

Oct 30, 2018
Did anyone contact IHeart about this? I just submitted a help ticket. Which guarantees nothing, but they have responded to questions I've submitted in the past.

I'm glad to know this is the root cause. I had already done a hard reset of my car radio, and I was getting ready to hard-reset my phone. This has been a problem for about 2 months now, maybe a recent update to I-heart did this because my phone is Android Kit-Kat (and I can't update it, so Android updates are not to blame).

Oct 30, 2018
Did anyone contact Iheart to inquire about this? I just sent them a message. I don't know if they will do anything, but they have responded to questions in the past.

Response from IHeart:
Sorry for the trouble you're having!
This is actually a known issue our developers are working on correcting. We hope to have it fixed soon. If you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.