Bluetooth problem, help please.

mardds

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Hello there, I have an Asus vivobook s551. It originally came with windows 8, but i had it removed and installed windows 7 instead because i didn't like windows 8. anyway, every driver worked flawlessly. the only problem is Bluetooth, it just wont work. there are no drivers for it for windows 7 on asus' website , but i installed the W8 version anyway. the installation worked but the software won't find any Bluetooth device. the laptop has Bluetooth built in and it used to work in windows 7. i even bought a Bluetooth dongle and still the same , it just wont find any device.i tried everything i could find online but still nothing. i tried the dongle on a friends laptop and it worked. i would appreciate any help getting Bluetooth to work . thanks a lot.

Solution
I would contact the maker of the wireless/Bluetooth card and see if they have the driver. Like I said companies usually don't go backwards with their drivers because it causes support nightmare. I love Windows 8.1 and I got a new laptop yesterday and I went to setup my printer and it was already setup.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Typically vendors don't supply drivers for OS's other then the version that came with the PC. That's just a fact of life. They don't tend to work backwards and tend to develop drivers for current and future devices not past. I think it you would have stayed with 8 and moved to 8.1 you would have enjoyed it better. Windows 8.1 boots to desktop if you want and you never have to go to Metro if you don't want.

mardds

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Isn't there any other way? I hated windows 8,even after upgrading to 8.1 even if I don't get the internal Bluetooth to work. How can I get the dongle to work? It worked immediately on a friends laptop but I think when I used it on mine, there was a conflict between drivers? Idk I'm not sure.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
I would contact the maker of the wireless/Bluetooth card and see if they have the driver. Like I said companies usually don't go backwards with their drivers because it causes support nightmare. I love Windows 8.1 and I got a new laptop yesterday and I went to setup my printer and it was already setup.

Solution