Solved! Bluetooth Speaker Keeps Disconnecting

Feb 16, 2020
Hey, guy's I got a new Bluetooth speaker two weeks ago and came right home and paired it up with my computer everything was great for three days. Then it just started disconnecting for no reason, and when I would reconnect it, the speaker would play fine for like an hour and then disconnected again. I couldn't find anything wrong with the speaker or the computer, so I took the speaker back to the store and exchanged it for a new one. Now once again, it played for about two and a half days, and then it stated to do the same thing, and since I'm not a tech wizard by anyone's standards including my own, I got some advice from a more knowledgable friend. So I've changed out the drivers for both the speaker and computer as well as updated their firmware and still the problem continues. So my buddy told me about this site and said "go there" so here I am and I hope that ya'll have some advice for me. So thanks for the consideration, and I'll wait to hear back.

Solution
While it is connected and working, open the hidden items bottom right of the task bar, right click on the speaker icon and choose Playback Devices. RIght click on your bluetooth speaker and choose Set as Default Device.

Setting it as your default playback device might stabilize the connection.

If it already does show as default, then either the speaker or computer have setting or compatibility issues. You can try the speaker manufacturer first, then (deep breath) Microsoft. If neither of them figure it out you may need to pick a different speaker.

URsurrounded

Great
Feb 10, 2020
While it is connected and working, open the hidden items bottom right of the task bar, right click on the speaker icon and choose Playback Devices. RIght click on your bluetooth speaker and choose Set as Default Device.

Setting it as your default playback device might stabilize the connection.

If it already does show as default, then either the speaker or computer have setting or compatibility issues. You can try the speaker manufacturer first, then (deep breath) Microsoft. If neither of them figure it out you may need to pick a different speaker.

Solution
Feb 16, 2020
Well none of those worked but Microsoft told me to do a cleanboot and that should fix it for sure but it didn't. Instead I got to spend two and a half hours on the phone with them while they fixed my internet browser's. Yea I couldn't log on to any of them and then they told me they wanted to remote in. Now this is where I told them for like the thirteenth time that "I can't use any of my Internet Browser's" and that instucted me on how to open their on personial way into my computer. You inter quick in the search bar and poof their in so they finially had to uninstall all of them, delet any files of their's on my hard drive and totally reinstall them. So be careful about doing a cleanboot. So if you have any other idea's I'm all ears other wise thanks for trying.

URsurrounded

Great
Feb 10, 2020
Did you try speaking with the speaker manufacturer? Maybe there is nothing wrong with windows but the bluetooth in the speaker is flakey. Maybe inherent in the model itself since you have been through 2 of them so far. Likely easier to just try a different speaker set.

Feb 16, 2020
Yes, I did check with the manufacturer, and they told me to download one of their checkers. It tested the drivers, firmware, if it was up to date, and even to see if there was anything wrong with the speaker, but the speaker got a clean bill of health. I just figured since the very first one I had played nonstop for over three years that if I got another one that was the same (same type and model), then it would work like the old one. But maybe your right and there’s just a hitch in it.
So I’m going to try a couple more times before I break down and get a different kind. But once again, thanks for all of your help with this issue.

Feb 16, 2020
You won't believe how I fixed it... Yea, I came across this web page after looking at like four-hundred of them, and it said to troubleshoot the Bluetooth, not the speaker. So Lord and behold it's been paying since nine this morning without a single issue. So for future reference, just tell the person that's having trouble with any part of their Bluetooth to go to Setting> Update and Security> Troubleshoot then scroll down to Find and Fix Other Problems and under that select Bluetooth then select Troubleshoot and poof all will be right again. Now thanks again for taking the time to help me out. It actually gave me a few ideas about where to look, which lead to the one that worked.