Bluetooth Speaker Options - Non-Bluetooth TV

Karbonkreationz

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014
Hello everyone

I have a question regarding Bluetooth Speaker Options for a non-bluetooth TV. Currently our Samsung TV is set up at the front of an elongated family room and the couch is at the rear of the room. It can be quite difficult sometimes to hear some of the audio during movies/shows while sitting on the couch. I plan to add a bluetooth dongle/transmitter so that I can add a set of bluetooth speakers, however what would you guys suggest searching for in a set of speakers?

Many of the searches I have done on amazon, best buy, etc etc all come back with portable speakers for phones and tablets as opposed to indoor home audio type speakers.

Would wireless/bluetooth bookshelf or satellite speakers do the trick? Or should I be searching for something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Karbonkreationz

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. I actually had that transmitter picked out already so thats great to see it will work.

In terms of the speakers I was looking more or less for something that could be plugged into an outlet instead of batteries/recharging. I know its not truly 100% wireless then, however my concern is wireless audio not so much wireless power as there are outlets available near the couch.

Budget isn't really a huge issue but would like to have decent quality under $200-300

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help so far