Bluetooth Transmitter For Long Range Clear Audio Capability Outside

KeyLee19

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Hey,
I work for my State Transit system steam cleaning Trax train station platforms on graveyard shift. I'm trying to find a setup that will allow me to have a bluetooth or FM transmitter with capability of long range reception to bluetooth headphones. I am HOPING to find a bluetooth transmitter or FM transmitter that will reach 150 feet unobstructed. Also bluetooth wireless headphones with the same capability of range. The goal is to be able to leave my phones in the truck charging while working as I'm not really allowed to have those on the platform. Also trying to go as cheap but as efficient as possible.

Needed items-
1.) Bluetooth or FM transmitter that can be powered by a truck cigarette lighter at/near 150ft. range.
2.) Bluetooth Headphones that can be worn and drown out the sound of our steamer engine. (headphones) at/near 150ft. range.

Bonus would be if TWO headphones could connect to the same transmitter as there are two of us. (Not totally necessary if not possible as I'm the one paying for it.)

The truck is running at all times so that batteries don't die from hazard and strobe lights running.

Phones I will be using to broadcast is a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge &/or a Samsung Galaxy S6.

Thank you,
-Lee

Solution
Cig lighter USB would easily power that. Would need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. Longer antenna can concentrate the signal horizontally for a little more range. Not sure which BT version (3.0?), I'm assuming most things new/current, but even with the same spec will likely vary among models/brands.

mrmez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
I use Plantronics backbeat fit earphones at gym with my iphone 7s. Not a massive gym, but I leave my phone in my bag and can get maybe 15-20m with no obstructions.
I think a lot of that is the BT version used, as my Bose or UE speaker have much much shorter range.

Can always search for "long range bluetooth transmitter" and find stuff like this...
https://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-wireless/dp/B00713RSE0

KeyLee19

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010

I saw that same item. I have to assume a cigarette lighter would be able to power it. The Aux cable would go from that into the phone. I would then need some decent bluetooth headphones with range to reach. Any idea if the version of Bluetooth used effects the range?

mrmez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Cig lighter USB would easily power that. Would need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. Longer antenna can concentrate the signal horizontally for a little more range. Not sure which BT version (3.0?), I'm assuming most things new/current, but even with the same spec will likely vary among models/brands.

Solution