BM 700 condenser microphone won't work whenever I plug it in 3.5 mm jack of my pc

honey.maris79

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
So here's the thing my sister just got me a bm 700 microphone with xlr cable, stand, pop filter. all in one set online. However, whenever I plug it in my pc it doesn't work it doesn't amplify my voice. I can only hear my voice when I check the properties and check the "listen to this device" box and max the microphone boost up to 30db. I decided to look for solutions online as no friend of mine knows about this kind of things, and in some youtube videos they that I needed a usb sound card, audio interface or 48v phantom power supply. But I don't know much about those things and what specific product should I choose for the microphone is most compatible with. It would really be helpful if anyone of you could give me some advice regarding this matter

Solution
From Amazon
"it requires you to have about 3.5v AT LEAST to run the microphone so pretty much any usb audio dongle can pretty much work with it and it comes with one, however i would probably suggest getting a full 48v phantom power supply for future proofing when you decide to upgrade the mic with something better."
From Amazon
"it requires you to have about 3.5v AT LEAST to run the microphone so pretty much any usb audio dongle can pretty much work with it and it comes with one, however i would probably suggest getting a full 48v phantom power supply for future proofing when you decide to upgrade the mic with something better."

Solution