Boost Your Wi-Fi Strength Using Cans

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]Oh, you mean the DIY 'cantenna' that's been around for YEARS? Seriously, this project is like 10+ years old. Here's a company who commercialized the idea.http://www.cantenna.com/[/citation]

I'm still trying to figure out if Kevin Parrish is an idiot who knows nothing about what he writes, or is simply made to look like one.

Kevin:
This craft has been around for years, and is absolutely NOT news.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Hey spec. I'd kindly advice you to look at o damn near all the post above yours. DO you think yours was needed? DO you think somehow you're special? You do realize you pretty much did the same thing. Thus making you an idiot also.

So what it's been around. That doesn't mean everybody else has been around this might be news to some people. AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ARTICLE DON'T READ IT MORONS!

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]Oh, you mean the DIY 'cantenna' that's been around for YEARS? Seriously, this project is like 10+ years old. Here's a company who commercialized the idea.http://www.cantenna.com/[/citation]

Yup, and the reason the commercial can antenna has been such a success is because it actually gives a 13db boost. Most coffee can projects will likely result far less since you only have to be off by a centimeter or less and completely ruin any gains.

[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]Hey spec. I'd kindly advice you to look at o damn near all the post above yours. DO you think yours was needed? DO you think somehow you're special? You do realize you pretty much did the same thing. Thus making you an idiot also. So what it's been around. That doesn't mean everybody else has been around this might be news to some people. AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ARTICLE DON'T READ IT MORONS![/citation]

Do we need to invest into a bottle of warm milk for the both of you? One person bitches and other people are going to bitch about the bitching. Now I'm bitching about the bitching about the bitching. We are productive people.

liquid0h

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
[citation][nom]thackstonns[/nom]Then quit sleeping with your sisters. Electricuting people, and buy some front teeth.[/citation]
Sleeping with sisters? Are you getting us confused with Arkansas?

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]schwiing[/nom]This looks like technology made in the south =)[/citation]

i'm from the south. ^^ wasn't funny, but if you can't laugh about gross generalizations and stereotypes -- whether they are ridiculous or entirely true(fine, statistically probable -- or prepositionally representative), then you can't make fun of others; then you are really missing out!

to be honest, i took the 'jab' as a compliment. i like diy and i like creative solutions. *shrugs*

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation]Then quit sleeping with your sisters. Electricuting people, and buy some front teeth.[/citation]

I love this. He can poke fun, but can't compose a moderately accurate sentence while insulting the intelligence (maybe just actions) of others.

THIS STUFF is what comment sections are made for!

I've been coding too much:

^^wonder how much of that'll make it through the filters?

G

ROFL. These comments rock. Hope they stay up because they actually made the article worthwhile.

nukemaster

Distinguished
+99999
same thing i thought when i saw this.

G

The cantenna is an old idea (several years old), and hardly any news.
the bad is that very seldomly can you create 'the perfect' cantenna's.
I followed the rules to create 3 and out of the 3, only one gave me the same network connectivity as the regular internal antenna of my laptop.
The other 2 just failed!

It's not as easy as it looks to create a 'perfect' cantenna!

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]littlec[/nom]wtf, how is this news? If you're just finding out about this toms I may need to stop visiting your site . . .[/citation]
then plz do so... nobody cares :)
thank you ....come again...

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
I remember getting into all this crap.. with the windsurfer, new antennas, constant change of router setting.... etc... but then i switched to WIRED.... life has never been better.

Crashman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
[citation][nom]nekatreven[/nom]Yea that might be funny if it weren't for the fact that in the Dallas area alone we have either the headquarters of or at least major facilities for all kinds of folks like Texas Instruments, Raytheon, Bell Helicopter, Microsoft, Intel, Lockheed Martin, Nokia Siemens, Nortel (rip), and that is just off the top of my head.I think a few of those are only administration offices but my point is you can't even pick up a calculator without owing us thanks; without even considering current tech. Sorry to rant but the south jokes stopped being funny a few decades ago.[/citation]
Wow, if you think Texas is part of the South, you'd better quit looking at the maps on Fox News. It's part of the Southwest, like Arizona and New Mexico, not the south like like Mississippi and Alabama.

Are you sure you're not from the south?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS