bootmgr acer aspire

kikipot

Estimable
May 6, 2014
I have an acer aspire i was on it one day and it said i needed to update my adobe reader. so i did and then my computer just shut off. So I restarted it and when I logged in it just had a black screen and my cursor. I shut it off and restarted and same thing. I put it in safe mode and set it back to factory setting got the bootmgr press ctrl+alt+del I do that and nothing ever happens. Is my computer shot???? Please help me

Joshua Campbell

Estimable
May 9, 2014
I also had an Acer Aspire that gave me the bootmgr error. Unfortunately I had to replace the hard drive,but I believe its failure was due to being dropped..I had the error come up again on my Compact desktop after formatting the partition and doing a clean install with XP. After trying several things I ended up taking an installation disc I had for my Dell Laptop and gave it a shot.It had a different menu during start-up where I could choose to delete instead of format the partition.So I deleted and created a new (raw) partition and installed.It worked no error..Good Luck