Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoD

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Writing GOTY without actually telling what the abbreviation means in an article isn't very good English. It took me a bit to figure out what it meant. Not everyone here knows all the gamer lingo.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
BL2 is only good when played with friends... Whichever company gave them the Game Of The Year title... has a narrow field of view...
Especially when considering there are titles like "The Walking Dead", "Dishonored" and "Far Cry 3"...

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

The majority of people here are PC gamers and enthusiasts. Very few of them will not know what GoTY means as it has been used for over 20 years to describe when a game is pretty much the best of its genre.

But to help people out, GoTY = Game of the Year.

That's all opinion. BL2 is not only good when playing with friends. It is better since its more monsters that are harder and better loot.

As for the titles you listed, since GoTY has pretty much been more genre based these days, only FC3 would be able to compete and even then BL2 is a ARPGFPS. Its like Diablo 3 but with actual good loot and replay ability and a FPS. FC3 is not a AFPS but rather a open world RPG/FPS minus the loot.

Its a good game but BL2 is as well.

toddybody

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
I cant understand the Borderland's fanatics...yes, its a tight FPS with cool visuals, Diablo-esque looting, and funny writing...but they wont admit that the core experience gets boring as hell a couple hours into it. Cluster of buildings ahead, bad guys appear, gun them down...repeat. No consistent and dynamic environment interaction, stealth is almost non existent...and the beloved looting gave anal retentive inventory managers like me an ulcer.

You cant mention Borderlands 2 in the same breath as Half Life1,2+/Bioshock 1,2,3/Crysis1/Metro 2033,LL/Dishonored/FC3/Deus Ex:HR/Fallout 3...

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Seems like every game tries to make a GOTY edition, withouth it actually beeing "the game of the year". Unless of course it dosent mean anything and the name looses its purpouse.

I think it would be easier to call it "All game as was supposed to come out in the first place before we cut things out to sell as DLC"... But i guess thats too long.

How about FGV ? (Full Game Version).

Jun 10, 2013
Guess what: 3 months ago, I got the game AND the season pass for a measly $11 on Greenmangaming. I'm guessing, that when this GOTY edition comes out, it will offer nothing extra and will cost like $45. Oh, wait, you get some useless skin and head or some really crappy blue shotgun that can barely kill anything.

f1seb

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
Never giving this company another dime of my money, I don't care if it's my loss, Borderlands 1 for PC, and ACSM left such a bad taste in my mouth they would have to pay me to install their games on my PC.

unksol

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
@f1seb

Borderlands was fun even playing alone. I could understand being pissed on PC if you paid full price, but if you're paying full price for games you're doing it wrong. Especially with console Ports. You're supposed to pick them up for 10-20 bucks. Then google how to fix them to run on PC. A few tweeks and Borderlands was great.

Should I HAVE to tweak them to run the way I want? No. But all console Ports require it not just this company. Its part of being smart enough to play on PC. As for ACSM.... The only way you could have bought that was on a preorder, and again, that means your doing wrong. Only suckers preorder an unproven title.

Murissokah

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007
@cats_Paw

You are right the naming doesn't make sense really, and it is also misleading. I'm not complaning since it usually is a good deal, but they should call it a gold edition or something like that.

Besides, there isn't a single GOTY award. Actually a whole bunch of companies award a whole bunch of games their chosen ones for the year. BAFTA is likely the major award, but any other company could award another game the GOTY title. In this case though, it seems Gearbox has awarded itself the Gearbox Game of the Year Award.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Yeah the name is deceptive and shouldn't be allowed. They should be called Final Complete Edition or something like that. So do early adopters get to upgrade to these editions or do they get screwed and have to pay the full price? Or is that only with Capcom games?

f1seb

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
@unksol

Borderlands I picked up at a sale, and at 9.99, I still feel cheated out of my money. Yeah I know about the fixes with forcing the AA into the game to make it look better, and getting vsync to work to get rid of that stupid screen tearing. But that's not it, what fix should I have to devise of my own to fix the horrible, aiming, (no I don't play with a controller on my pc) Got the guys head right in the crosshairs, pull the trigger, and missed!! Also how do you fix the completely stupid mouse controls in the menu, the mouse utterly useless there, I know, I know, I'm asking too much, I should just use the arrow keys instead.....

Aliens: Colonial Marines, well, yeah maybe I should wait for the reviews for a few days, yeah maybe I should wait 6 months to pick it up later, or maybe, Gearbox and Pitchford shouldn't have lied putting up a game in Alpha which looked much much better than the release version....doesn't that usually happen the other way around, you know the final product looking better, and being less buggy than the test version.

Status
Not open for further replies.