Question Chromebook Screen not Working but External Monitor Does

heldmacm

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Hello,

I have a Lenovo N23 80UR, which I believe is a Chromebook, and I've noticed the screen is no longer displaying anything despite the device power being on and fully charged. I've confirmed as much as possible it's not an issue that the brightness is too low to see, and I've hit the function key and brightness up on the keyboard without success. I've confirmed it works fine when hooked up to an external monitor. Anything else I can try, or should I assume the screen is broken? Thanks in advance.

heldmacm

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Thanks for the reply. If that's what's wrong and there's no additional troubleshooting to be done, probably not. We bought the device from someone who used it when she was a student, so it was already pretty old, and my six year old is the only one who uses it. I'd be more inclined to look for a similar inexpensive replacement device before replacing the screen at that price.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Thanks for the reply. If that's what's wrong and there's no additional troubleshooting to be done, probably not. We bought the device from someone who used it when she was a student, so it was already pretty old, and my six year old is the only one who uses it. I'd be more inclined to look for a similar inexpensive replacement device before replacing the screen at that price.
Agreed. Money would be better spent on a new device. What is your budget?

heldmacm

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Maybe $200 - $300 and preferably closer to $200 than $300. With Black Friday approaching, is that enough for a suitable replacement if it's only going to be used by a young child? Anything specific you'd recommend?